How to change the trial period

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Domdomt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have installed the Arlo essential spotlight cam using my email however my wife should be the admin.  I have removed the device and reinstalled under her account.
Can I change the 1 month trail plan to under her email instead?  

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Domdomt wrote:

Can I change the 1 month trail plan to under her email instead?  

Unfortunately, no.

You could try putting the doorbell back in your account, and see if you still have the trial (you might not).

If you do, you could then delete her account, and then change your account email address to hers.

Domdomt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I will try later.  The issue was caused by the “sharing” of the account.  After I have installed the device and sent the invite to my wife’s email.  She accepted the invite and created the account in Arlo.  However she cannot find any device after her login, then we followed the instruction to add the device and this action has removed my device under my account.

She has then shared the access to me like I did before.  After I have accepted the invitation, I become having 2 locations under my account - 1 with NO device and 1 with the shared device from my wife.  

In this scenario,

1.  is my wife account an admin user or a shared account?  Will she have the full function i she subscripted for the secure plan?
2.  If no, should  I follow the below instructions to replace her email in my original location?

3.  Will I encounter the insane issue (cannot find the device) if she share the access to me after she is the admin?

Thanks you and please help me to resolve this issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Domdomt wrote:

is my wife account an admin user or a shared account?  Will she have the full function i she subscripted for the secure plan?

Her account is the primary account.  She'd have all the subscription features if she subscribes to the Arlo secure plan.

Domdomt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have added the device back and now looks fine.  But I cannot update her email address.  I cannot delete her account.   My friend list is empty.  Please let me know how to delete her account in the application.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Domdomt wrote:

Please let me know how to delete her account in the application.

This has to be done from her account.

The steps for changing your account email to hers is