Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long is the battery life on the Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pineglen220
Follower
Follower

How long is the battery life on the Pro 4, is there a way to increase the tome we get about four days

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pineglen220 wrote:
How long is the battery life on the Pro 4

It depends on how much work the camera has to do.  

Try disabling the activity zones (if you have them enabled) for a while, and then estimate the number of minutes of video recording you see per day.  Let us know what that number is.

Also, disruptions in the wifi signal can hurt battery life - the camera keeps trying to connect, and that will drain battery fairly quickly.

brittneyblue72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Check to see how long the recorded clips are. I’m having an issue where my camera records in blocks of 5 minutes even if the activity ended - no matter what settings. I’m researching my issue but I only get a few days because of this so I thought I’d mention for you to just check. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brittneyblue72,

You can adjust the length of your recordings within the rules for each camera. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Mode > tap the pencil icon next to the active mode (Armed) > tap the pencil icon next to the rule you would like edit > Tap the pencil icon next to Record Video > adjust based on activity or a fixed length.

For more information on this, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/1079027/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Penwell141 wrote:

Arlo says the battery should last between three and six months per charge, which is fairly standard among wireless cameras. Over the course of a week and a half of testing, though, the Pro 4 only went down about 5% -- which put the battery life on track for about seven months for me.

This totally depends the amount of camera activity.

Arlo's estimate is based on usage of 4000 seconds per month, 30 seconds per stream, and day/night events split 2:1.  Note that the usage includes recordings that are supressed because they are outside of your activity zones.

FWIW, poor signal quality/connection drops can also drain power very quickly.  Cold temperatures will also reduce the battery efficiency, so they often need to be recharged more often in the winter.

brittneyblue72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - Thanks for the reply!  

This seems like a workaround because I want it to start and stop based on motion/activity not a preset amount of time - it could stop before the motion has ended if it’s a preset time - correct?  It’s interesting though because it was fine for the first two years I’ve had the cameras AND it doesn’t do the 5 min blocks when plugged in during charging. It’s only one camera doing this. 

Thank you for your help!