Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krieger0311
Guide
Guide

Kind of a ridiculous question to have to ask. I have a brand new all in one sensor failing to pair or blink. I think the battery may be shot.

The Arlo documentation simply says "remove cover. Replace battery."

https://kb.arlo.com/000062963/How-do-I-replace-the-battery-in-the-Arlo-All-in-One-Sensor

Okay. How? There are tabs and screws everywhere holding the battery in.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's like pretty much any other button battery except that the battery is much thicker. I would use a small/thin non-conductive tool to slide next to and somewhat under the battery to pop it out. Where there's any contact overhang, use the opposite side.

Krieger0311
Guide
Guide

This doesn't appear to be something you can just pop out.

There's plastic overhang bracketing the top of the battery, and a metal tab holding it in at the bottom.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've popped them out several times so it's possible. I just looked at one of mine and there's only one metal tab (marked "+") that holds it in place. The battery is actually cocked with the sensor removed from the back plate so it's relatively easy to put a thin object between the plastic case and battery to remove it. I've also used my fingers but that wasn't the easiest way to do it.

I suppose a hardware change at some point may have a different battery connection setup so a picture of the sensor and battery may be useful.