Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I grant full administrative access?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ploughguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I created our Arlo account and granted administrative rights for all cameras and base stations to my bride.

However, she has only a fraction of the control options that I have.  For example, for a camera under Settings -> Video, the only control she has is Brightness.  None of the other settings (low light, local 2k streaming, video mode, for example) are available to her.

You’d think that granting administrative rights would give her access to everything I have access to.

Have I missed something?

Thanks for your help,

Russ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have a read of the following article for clarification of privileges.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account 

The only way to have full access is for your partner to use your main login credentials but it is limited to one login at a time. That is you will be logged out when the other logs in and vice versa.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master

Have a read of the following article for clarification of privileges.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account 

The only way to have full access is for your partner to use your main login credentials but it is limited to one login at a time. That is you will be logged out when the other logs in and vice versa.

ploughguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

ArloMaster DannyBear,

Thank you for your snappy response.

This is the answer I feared - one particular user owns everything, and everyone else is a spectator.

Clearly non-one at NetGear is married to a lady with technical inclinations.  I feel this matter needs an enhancement request raised, in the interests of domestic harmony.

So there’s another question - How do I raise an enhancement request?

Thank you very much for confirming my darkest suspicions.

Russ.