Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granted access, but can’t see event feed

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
KMC98
Follower
Follower

I have been granted access to someone’s Arlo account.

I get notifications 

but I cannot see anything in the event feed.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The person who granted access to you likely is using the old user interface (UI) which use Library to view videos while the new one that you have uses Feed. If so, that person needs to migrate their account to the new UI by choosing to install a Pro 5 or security system even though they have neither. The first step is to migrate their account after which they can just back out of the bogus install. They should know that there's a learning curve to the new UI so they should set aside time to go through the whole thing to know where things reside and how they work. Two caveats - 1) custom modes don't get migrated so they have to work with the 3 default modes to do what they need and 2) there's no going back to the old UI.

Also, once everyone is on the same UI, you must click on Home at the top of your screen and choose the bottom choice. Everyone gets their own default Home so you have to choose theirs. It would be useful for one or both of you to rename Home so it's obvious which one to choose.