Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ATXScott
Guide
Guide

For quite some time now, my Geofencing in the Arlo Secure app is not registering the correct mode when I leave/return home. I have it set to Armed when away, and Schedule when home. It used to work just fine. Now it frequently does not register the proper mode based on my location. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that doesn't help. Sometimes if I go into the Mode menu and back out again, it will reset to the proper mode.  But what's the point of having Geofencing if you have to do that manally everytime?

Does the community have any suggestions? I am unable to get direct help from Arlo because apparently I've been a customer too long; unless I pay for some Support Subscription.  You'd think they'd want to help long-time customers happy, but I guess not. 

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Do you suffer from frequent login session expired events on the mobile or login fail events?

When you get these you will need to resync the geofencing mode after by changing mode to disabled then switching to geofencing again.

If you get the later you will also need to reset the geofencing zone size by selecting the large zone size then selecting the small zone size so it will trigger correctly.

The app logout sessions occurs every two weeks so beware.

JM63
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue since a month or so 

intact the geofencing mode does not trigger anything 

I set Arlo in a a mode that does not exist in the geofencing mode and select geofencing. It does not trigger any change. Arlo keeps in the last mode even if this mode is not once that is setup for Geofencing. In fact it just triggers no reaction at all. 
geofencing worked well for years and still works well for the Arlo bridge. 

please help 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is not at all clear. Geofencing uses existing modes so to say that you "set Arlo in a a mode that does not exist in the geofencing mode" is incorrect - during configuration of GF you can choose ANY existing mode in your account. To then say you select that mode and then select GF is also unclear - you can't select a mode and then GF - if you select a mode, GF isn't part of it. Selecting GF enables you to select that mode or any other for Home and Away (or Leave and Arrive in the new UI). 

We need a clear understanding of what you have and are trying to use. Screenshots may be useful.

JM63
Guide
Guide

Let me clarify

Lets say you have a mode "ground floor"

In your geofencing you have Disarmed when in and Armed when away

"Ground floor" mode is does not exist in the geofencing mode settings

Let's say you are in "Ground floor" mode, you turn on geofencing. It should then be either Armed or Disarmed

For me nothing happens. System will stay in "Ground floor" mode.

Switching to geofencing as litterally no impact, Arlo stays in the mode it was prior to switching to geofencing.

It has worked very well for years and it still works fine for the Arlo Bridge in the same app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the app have full location settings turned on, even with the app backgrounded? Have you switched phones or reset the phone recently?  I assume the Arlo bridge is the security light bridge? What cameras do you have and how are they connected? You may need to remove the cameras and base and start fresh to get GF to work properly.

JM63
Guide
Guide

Does the app have full location settings turned on: YES

even with the app backgrounded: YES

And it works for the light bridge very well

Have you switched phones or reset the phone recently? NO

I assume the Arlo bridge is the security light bridge? YES

What cameras do you have and how are they connected? ARLO PRO2

You may need to remove the cameras and base and start fresh to get GF to work properly. : REMOVE STATION AND CAMERA AND RESTART FROM SCRATCH ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JM63 wrote:

You may need to remove the cameras and base and start fresh to get GF to work properly. : REMOVE STATION AND CAMERA AND RESTART FROM SCRATCH ?

As if new. You'd need to remove any cameras attached to the base as well as the base itself from your account in Settings, My Devices and start adding them back as if you just bought them new. Start with claiming the base and then the cameras. I suppose you'd have to reconnect the bridge back to the base (it's been a long time since I used the security lights), too. If you do this be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, etc. to speed the rebuild process.

JM63
Guide
Guide

Thank you very much jguderdat!

I did it 

I have removed all devices and installed everything back 

IT WORKS !!!!

It was a pain to do it but it works now !!! 

Hallelujah
Apprentice
Apprentice

So why do we need to this everytime Arlo glitches?  What is the root cause of the incorrect geofencing status ... it works then it doesn't... then it works then it doesn't... and so on.  Not reliable enough in geofencing to protect my home ...its not good enough.