Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

272 REPLIES 272
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have her sign out of her profile in the app on her phone. And then sign into yours on her device and see if it kicks in. Then have her log back out and sign into her own account. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you send me a screenshot showing the devices and circle or highlight the one needing deleted?

ed_lipscomb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signed her out of her device. Signed in as me and “trusted” device. Logged out and logged back in as her. Still not visible. 

Removed her from my account, added her back, and still the same issue. Per your request, I’ll submit a ticket. 

Molch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this same issue can you please check to see if mine are hidden? I cannot see any devices not even my own when trying to setup geofencing.

FrmNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem as everyone else of the geofence devices.

Thank you for your time.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Molch  and @FrmNZ  where were these devices deleted from?

They are unhidden, log out and log back in and you should be able to see your devices. 

bertjan123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here, could you fix this for me too?

Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bertjan123 your devices are unhidden. Sign out and sign back in. Could you please provide when and where you deleted the devices from?

bertjan123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Done, but it doesn't seem like the solution for me. Under my account - privacy - account - available geofence devices, I see the 2 devices that should be decisive for geofence, but under automation arrival/departure there are no devices available.

bertjan123
Aspirant
Aspirant

In addition: via the web browser login I do not see any available geofence devices in the privacy center.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

bertjan123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could it be that the systems needed some time to process everything? Geofence with my device works again. I'm going to give my wife access again in the coming days and see if I can add her to geofence as well. So for now I am much further along than in the past few months. Thanks so far!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is great news. Let me know if any other questions pop up.

osmargadf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same geofencing issue.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times... tried over and over to log out and log in and I still see "No Device" when I try to add automation Arrive/in/out.  

My wife and I have our location set to always and the geo-fencing set to on in our iPhone settings.  

Privacy - Account - Available Geofence Devices shows the devices but not on the Arrive/Leave Automation List, it is empty also, Arrive/Leave Automation only shows "Anyone Arrives" and not showing "Anyone Leaves"

Please help??

Thank you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@osmargadf where did the devices get deleted from and when?

Also, they should be unhidden now log out and log back into the account.

jdicamillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN 

I am also suffering from the “No Devices” issue. Can you help to unhide my devices as well. 

Thanks in advance. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The devices have been unhidden. Please log out and log back in and you should be able to see your devices. 

jdicamillo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @BrookeN. I will take a look. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Could the one person not showing up under automations also be unhidden for my Arlo also?

Roos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried deleting my old iPhone from the list of active units in the app, but it keeps reappearing and geofencing then automatically looks for this, instead of the new iPhone, which breaks the geofence functionality. Please make the deletion of old units more resilient.

Rgds

Peter

Arlo Ultra 2, H10, FW 1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f

Arlo Hub, VMB5000r6, FW1.23.0.0_1520_b69eb19

iOS 17.4.1, iPhone 15 pro max

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@j-eirik do you mean an authorized users or you are the authorized user for their cameras? 

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for the delay in replying to this thread.

I was able to resolve this by logging out of the mobile app, then logging in to my.arlo.com and deleting all devices from there, then logging back in to the mobile app. The old device stopped reappearing.

@Roos try this out to see if it works for you.

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke too soon. Happened again today. Seeing 2 devices in Privacy Center both named exactly the same. Got home and the cameras did not disable.

Logged out of the app then logged into my.arlo.com and logged out of all devices, then logged back into the app. Now I see 2 devices again in Privacy Center, with 2 different names.

The one it thinks is my current device appears to be my old device, while the other one appears to be my current device.

It just doesn't make sense. Why does the old device keep reappearing? 😫

Roos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was just about to reply that your suggested solution seemed to have fixed the issue, so I am sorry to read that you are back at square one.

Extremely frustrating that the old, decommissioned, devices keep reappearing.

I hope Arlo will provide a way to reliably maintain a list of current devices.

jaywelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN! I've been on chat with support for some time and am having this same issue with "No Devices" showing when trying to re-add automation. I deleted the devices following another thread from the web portal (it wasn't deleting using the Arlo App). I'm unable to re-add a geofence device and I've wasted a lot of time following basic troubleshooting steps that the chat support is asking me to. Is there a way we can expedite this process or even get a ticket escalated so the engineers fix it once and for all? If you're online now, any chance you can just unhide it so I don't have to continue to waste time on chat, please?

Thank you!