Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

272 REPLIES 272
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GarJohn they should be visible now. 

GarJohn
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN , yes they are.  Thanks for your help.

DerekCloudGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN 

i am a Principal SDE with AWS and have to say this is the worst UX/UI design I have ever seen. Why can’t the developers create a button under Privacy/GeoFencing that says ‘Add My Phone’ problem solved. 

in the meantime I am having the same issue as everyone else. It started around October when I got a new iPhone 15. Apparently you can fix this on the backend so can you go ahead and unhid my device as well? 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DerekCloudGuy your devices should now be unhidden. I recommend logging out and then logging back in. 

Jay-Z77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you please do the same for my account? Missing my primary device as trigger for geofencing. Can only see/use my shared home device currently. Thanks. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We do not see your devices at hidden. You would need to login to the Arlo app from other devices. 

Jay-Z77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for checking. What has happened, is that I have added an additional base station. I currently have 4 pro 2 cameras on 1 station and 3 other pro 2 on the new base. I unknowingly deleted all devices used for geofencing when upgrading to the new app. Since then, I can only get my second phone, linked to the new base station and secondary account to show as useable for geofencing. My main account and device associated with that account can not be added back. This is what I'm trying to accomplish. Any help is appreciated. 

k4ib4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, on Privacy setting I see my devices 2 iPhone but if I try to configure a geofence automation I don’t see my devices and I have only enter rule settings.

IMG_1148.png

IMG_1147.png

ssteel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I faced the same issue, rearrange my devices , then I can't find the devices when setting Arrives/leaves, however, in private center , I can still see few of devices can use Geofence.    

could any one tell me what exact I need to do to ? I don't want to Delete my Arlo Account and create a new one, as it will lose my subscription right?   

Thanks

ssteel
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_8155.jpgIMG_8156.jpg

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@k4ib4 your devices should be unhidden now. Log out and log back in and see if you are now able to see your devices. 

@ssteel let me look into yours and see if they are hidden, I will get back to you soon. 

@Jay-Z77 I am looking into this. I will reach back out soon. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ssteel you should be able to see your devices now. Log out and log back in. 

ed_lipscomb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you make my wife visible in my geofence settings? She’s listed on available geofence devices but not geofence settings.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ed_lipscomb  on you and your wife's app do you see feed or library?

ed_lipscomb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, we can both see both of the feeds.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you remove her from your phone from authorized user and then re-add her. Make sure she is logged out of the Arlo app when you remove her and have her log back in when you are have added her back. 

https://kb.arlo.com/1096229/How-do-I-add-and-manage-multiple-mobile-devices-for-geofencing

ed_lipscomb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ll do it this evening and let you know how it goes. 

appreciate your support. 

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently upgraded my iPhone to a new iPhone. I used the iOS device transfer feature to move everything to the new phone.

After the upgrade, I noticed that the old iPhone is still appearing under Privacy Center as a geofence device. It appears that this is preventing geofencing from working properly, because I have automations set up that will only activate or deactivate the cameras when all devices leave or return to my house. Since the old phone is still appearing, it won't activate or deactivate properly because it thinks the old phone has not left or arrived.

I tried deleting the old phone from Privacy Center, which causes geofencing to work for a few days, but for some reason it keeps coming back.

Has anyone experienced this and/or may know of a solution?

Thanks!

Biscuitboy1980
Guide
Guide

I have this same issue can you please check to see if mine are hidden?  I cannot see any devices not even my own when trying to setup geofencing.

Biscuitboy1980
Guide
Guide

@BrookeN 

I have this same issue can you please check to see if mine are hidden?  I cannot see any devices not even my own when trying to setup geofencing.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Biscuitboy1980 Let me look into this. I will get back to you soon. 

ed_lipscomb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I logged her out, removed her, logged out, logged back in, added her back, had her accept and log back in. Same issue. She’s listed in geofencing devices but when I go to arrive/ leave automations, she is not listed. 

Jay-Z77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wondering if you've made any progress on my situation? Thanks. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ed_lipscomb your devices should be showing now. Please log out of the account and log back in. 

ed_lipscomb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Logged out of iPhone and Computer.  When I logged back in to my iPhone, she shows up under People and Geofence devices but not under Automations Arrive/Leave.  

When I logged back in to my computer, she shows up under People but not under Geofence Devices or Automations Arrive/Leave.

Automation.jpgGeofence devices.jpgPeople.jpg