Geofencing and Schedules

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arloUser58
Star
Star

I was told today that these are in conflict with each other and why geofencing is not working as it should.  Here is the scenario.

Two homes, two accounts wife and I share accounts with each other.  In our main home, which my wife's phone logs into and I am logged into our winter home account which also has arlo cameras, we have the following setup.

at 11:30 pm we set our system to armed.

At 5:30 AM we set our system to standby.

when everyone leaves, we set the standby mode to disabled so when we are out of town, standby won't run at 5:30 a.m.  We also set the system to armed and get notified that the system armed.

When my wife leaves and I stay home, the system arms.  I then manually disarm it.  When my wife returns home, the system disarms, even though it is disarmed when I am home, so the automations are running as if no one is home.

If I leave and she's home, the system does not arm as it detects she's home.

If she's gone and the system is set to disarm and I leave the system correctly arms and disarms.

Arlo says your schedules conflict with leave and arrive automation.  How can that be?  When she leaves, the leave automation should not trigger and schedules don't come into play other than the leave automation disables the scheduled standby automation so that it does not run in case no one is home for a few days.

So I removed the schedules and the geofencing works again.  THIS MAKES NO SENSE.  NONE!!  How does one accomplish only running schedules when someone is home?  It's an option on Apple Homekit, but not arlo.  This is why I disable the schedule standby when we leave to try to simulate that no one is home.

And both our phones show under the arrive and leave correctly.  When anyone arrives and all people leave is how its setup.

Arlo was zero help.

6 REPLIES 6
arloUser58
Star
Star

Thanks to several incorrect suggestions from Arlo support I figured out how to make it work.  It's not the most intuative process to learn but once you understand it, then it's not so bad.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @arloUser58 Thanks for the update 

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately the next day it armed again when wife left so back to square one 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @burgr86 

Thank you for your feedback, can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

arloUser58
Star
Star

Shayne:

We have both deleted the app and reinstalled it on our phones.  Wife deleted the geofence and reset it up on her phone.  Deleted the schedules completely and only used the arrive and leave.  Oh, yes we also deleted the arrive and leave automations and reset them up.  Arrive and leave without schedules didn't make any difference.  We put the schedules back in and they are working.  There is no arm away in our schedules.  Only Arm Home and Standby.

The odd thing is some days it works other days the arrive leave automations do not work.

Today, wife left home I am home, system armed away, yesterday or day before I left home and she remained home and system armed to away(first time it ever did that, it's always been she leaves and I am home).  Why does it work correctly some days and not others?  Why do I get an alert later in the day when the system is in standby(manually set to standby since I am still home), when wife arrives that system is now in Standby?  I am home, system is already in standby but it executes the arrive automation anyway.  Never had these issues until the new interface earlier this year, but even then it worked most of the time.  We have two homes and my account is tied to our other home, wife is logged into the home we have issues with.  Nothing is making sense to me, we we get selective geofencing, some days works other days (most days) doesn't work as it should.  It seems there are others with similar issues.  Is it the app?  I am more than willing to help test interim apps to see if problems go away.  I am a software developer so I am not afraid to test.  I do it all the time with my own software and my clients.  You can also review case # 43772703, as I've sent multiple logs including today, where the system armed after the wife left the house.  Thanks for looking into this, it's been quite some time since things have worked correctly.

burgr86
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shayne:

We have two accounts so my response to you was from our other account.  Here is some more info.  Today wife left at 7:55 am and I remained home and system remained in standby as it should.  Yesterday wife left around 5:42 am and system armed to away.  I have sent logs for both days from my phone to the case referenced above.  The only thing different between yesterday and today is time of day, why would that matter?  The only thing that I can think of is my phone is in silent mode until 6:00 am but why would that have anything to do with it?  I don't think it does because there are times she leaves after 6;00 AM and still arms away with me home.  Today it worked, yesterday it did not.