Geofencing Issues on Iphone but not Android

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nsvencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have arlo base station and 3 cameras on system.  My android phone registers and triggers the geofencing away mode correctly while my wife's iphone recently stopped doing so.  No changes to how it is setup and all "location" settings on the iphone are confirmed.  This is the 3rd or 4th time an update somewhere has broken geofencing and I'm about done with Arlo.  Any thoughts on how to fix her iphone location triggers with the Arlo device?  She gets all the push notifications of mode changes, but her location will not trigger a home mode. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does she check the actual Arlo app every week or so? If she doesn't actually open the app to be logged in, she will eventually be logged out, causing geofencing to fail for her. My wife rarely uses the app so is consistently logged out, breaking her part of GF. She's now been asked to open the app at least once a week so when I'm away she doesn't get captured by the indoor cameras that arm because I'm away.

nsvencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!  Yes, we've learned that not being the one who is most involved with the review of videos, she does need to login in periodically to reset geofencing.  That has worked in the past, but after logging in and out multiple times, even removing and readding the account isn't working. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

She should NEVER log out - just background the app. Logging out, whether by choosing to do so or by not using the app, results in the same issue.

nsvencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, but sometimes by logging out, then back in, then backgrounding resets it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That kinda sounds like the app is automatically logging her out due to lack of use of the app. How often would she use the app for any reason? What's the longest time without using the app?