Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Friend’s interface to my system does not display cameras at all, asked for subscription

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BrianLeeS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I shared access to my Arlo system with a friend.  They created an account and accepted access.  However they can’t see the cameras.  The interface is completely different and asking for a subscription.  I have 5 Arlo Qs and don’t have a subscription but my system works fine and as expected for one like that.  There are no options in the interface to allow my friend to see the cameras.  They can’t get past the request for a subscription.

I have no idea how to correct this and I haven’t been able to find anything through searching…so either clearly I’m an idiot with search phrases.  Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

First image is my login, the second one is my friend’s, both on my phone with the same app.  Clicking devices doesn’t do anything either.  Asks for a subscription.

IMG_0734.jpegIMG_0732.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue is that there are 2 user interfaces (UI) right now - you have the old one that uses Library to view videos while your friend (and anyone getting a new account) has the new UI that uses Feed. You must migrate your account to the new UI to be able to share the cameras - all accounts have to be on the new UI.

To migrate, choose to install a Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. You can't go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer so you have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need.

Once you've migrated, your friend needs to click on Home near the top and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets a default Home location so he needs to select yours. I recommend renaming Home so it's obvious which to choose.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The issue is that there are 2 user interfaces (UI) right now - you have the old one that uses Library to view videos while your friend (and anyone getting a new account) has the new UI that uses Feed. You must migrate your account to the new UI to be able to share the cameras - all accounts have to be on the new UI.

To migrate, choose to install a Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. You can't go back to the old UI and custom modes don't transfer so you have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need.

Once you've migrated, your friend needs to click on Home near the top and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets a default Home location so he needs to select yours. I recommend renaming Home so it's obvious which to choose.

BrianLeeS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info!  When I migrate, will it force me to choose a subscription?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the subscription is totally your choice.

BrianLeeS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again for all the help.  I'll test this out now.