Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feed updating unreliable (however works occasionally). Workaround is to quit app and reload it.

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi All,

Since the upgrade to the 'new experience' app / latest version of Arlo Secure, the feed part of the app does not update reliably (and sometimes will not update at all).

I will get push notifications of events (animal/person/vehicle detection) however when i look in the feed part of the app they do not show at all.

The only workaround is to kill the app then open it again, then they all show up. All settings are correct and sometimes is does work OK but regularly not. I logged it with Arlo support however got a complete runaround and they couldn't grasp the issue. 

Anyone else experiencing this? I see no mention in other threads so thought I'd start a new one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue has now been resolved.

Thank you for your patience

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't seen that but do have to scroll to the top of Feed and maybe refresh (by pulling down the view when at the top). Does that help?

JRay1
Star
Star

I've seen this issue for at least a month, so you're not alone.  I can't remember which app update started it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JRay1 

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? 

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks @JRay1 - it's very annoying and the bot-like Arlo support were unfortunately useless when I mentioned it to them. 

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @ShayneS, I am on 4.7.1 (latest) and it has been happening sometime after the "new UI" change, at least for a month or so. 

JRay1
Star
Star

I'm on version 4.7.1 (6592) and I experience the issue on both my iPhone and iPad.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JRay1 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

HI @ShayneS was the screen recording I provided sufficient? any update? 

Also, any chance of a formal acknowledgement of this being a common bug (given others are affected too)?

@JRay1 I did try support like @ShayneS suggested but they unfortunately were unfortunately unhelpful. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chicane 

Does the same occur over the web browser after your motion is triggered/recorded?

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi @ShayneS, I can confirm this affects the web portal as well. I can see the notification of movement on my iPhone and I can see the thumbnail widget from the dashboard view, however the event is not in the feed. Seems not an app issue but more of a backend issue? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chicane The team is looking in to this issue, I 'll provide more updates as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the update and acknowledgment of the issue @ShayneS.

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello @ShayneS 

what comment does the dev team have? I understand a fix takes time but what is their stance/opinion on the matter?

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not sure what has changed @ShayneS but it appears to be fixed?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue has now been resolved.

Thank you for your patience

chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your help @ShayneS, what was the issue/fix out of interest? 

Ddc0708
Aspirant
Aspirant

App version 4.8

ios 16.6.1

iPhone 13 pro

same issue has been happening to me for over a week. I’ll get notifications of events but the feed doesn’t update.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Ddc0708 

Do you happen to have any smart fillers set when viewing the Feed? 

CynTexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Version 4.9 (6942), with iPhone 12 pro version 16.6.1 09/30/2023. Still having same issue! I have a subscription, I have deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled it. I have checked on the web Arlo and still no new feed on 9/29/23 and 9/30/23. I get the notifications, then when I go to the feed, nothing!  Thank you for investigating, just wanted you to know it is still happening with latest iPhone update. With another iPhone update ready to install, please fix this issue! Thanks!

CynTexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Note: All dates 9/29/23 not 9/30/23 Thanks, C

CynTexas
Aspirant
Aspirant

chicane, it is still happening!  Every time Apple sends out an update! I am having same problem with Arlo version 4.9 (6942) and iPhone 12 pro with version 16.6.1

PCFK
Guide
Guide

Ever since the most recent update of the Arlo app (version 4.9) my feed is not updating. I get the notification, but the recording doesn’t appear on my feed. I am the shared user on our account. It seems to only be affecting me (as the shared user) as my husband’s feed is still updating. I have no way to view what has caused the motion on the camera. Is there a fix being worked on for this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PCFK wrote:

I am the shared user on our account. It seems to only be affecting me (as the shared user) as my husband’s feed is still updating. I have no way to view what has caused the motion on the camera. 

Check your husband's app, and see if it shows "Library" at the bottom, or whether it shows "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

Make the same check on your app, and let us know the results of both checks.