Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JLe27
Aspirant
Aspirant

I missed my chance to get the Premier Elite because it was 4K.  Why isn't there an option for that with Secure?  You guys have rolled it up into a 2K package and next available 4k is $14.99 a month.  Will you be creating a lower-priced package for those who want 4k at a lower price and who do not have multiple cameras like the Elite offered?  

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

@JLe27 wrote:

I missed my chance to get the Premier Elite because it was 4K.  Why isn't there an option for that with Secure?  You guys have rolled it up into a 2K package and next available 4k is $14.99 a month.  Will you be creating a lower-priced package for those who want 4k at a lower price and who do not have multiple cameras like the Elite offered?  

For the doorbell you stated in your title  all you would need is a single 2K secure as it does not support 4k anyway. I'm not sure why they don't have single cam 4K Secure Plus now unless it is a error in the page. But that would be a waste of money for you anyway. 

JLe27
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was my initial reasoning for why I did not get the 4K for $5 a month and you are correct, it would not fully support 4k resolution anyway, however, I wish I did because it starts at a higher resolution than 2k.  Fluctuations throughout the day that affect the camera's resolution with 2k...it's ok if it lowers and it does and will.  We all started off with 4k in our free subscription to entice us and keep us.  Once that ended, so did the higher resolution.  I know our doorbell cameras are 1080 and I had a Ring doorbell for a couple of years and it was also at 1080, but was horribly grainy.  Once I moved to Arlo, I was amazed at its clarity and how I was able to see people clearly.  No, couldn't make out faces, but allowed me to recognize my daily walkers. 

Let me put my reasoning to you this way...if you have an HD LED TV and have been watching HD programs on it, but then you put a 2k or 4k device on it you will see every grain of sand on your TV.  My point is, don't settle.  The output of the signal going into your 1080p TV from the device is so packed with information that your TV will be fully utilized 100% of the time.  Same with your camera.  I have an HD TV with HD programming and it is great!  I also have Apple TV with 4k programming and output to the same TV and it's night and day.  Yes, you can tell.

dcfox1
Master
Master

FWIW I don't work for Arlo since you said "Your Camera". This is a user forum. Just stated that the doorbell is not 4K capable since you posted about a 4K sub for it.