Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JDF430
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a way to erase the whole days feed? Instead of one recording at a time 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is now available within Feeds. This can be accessed by navigating to Feed and tapping the icon in the top right of the app. From there, select manage feeds and then select the desired content for deletion.

JamesC

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't tried this but usually a long press on a video selects it and allows you to select others. 

Of course, I recommend NOT deleting videos since too many folks have then wanted them back and there's no way to do that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is not available with feeds. The development team is monitoring feedback like this to provide future enhancements to the UI. I will pass this feedback along to the team for consideration.

JamesC

Arlo_Doorvell
Initiate
Initiate

I get 50-100 clips on my feed each day and it is an ergo issue to delete these one by one. Also, if there could be a swipe feature to watch the feed videos instead of having to individually tap each one of them, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

kfscoll
Star
Star

Please give us a way to delete multiple videos from a feed at once!  How is this feature not implemented out of the gate?!?

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This has got to be the worst advice ever given.....
  Does he realize how difficult it is too scroll through a days worth of videos trying to find ones that were recorded after you looked at the the first time. On a phone, you can only see 3 or 4 at a time on the screen... 
  It's a frickin' disaster.

Capture.PNG

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The most recent replaced version of the Secure DID  include the "Click one, highlight the rest, swipe and gone".

Who thought it wise to do away with that. Or, more likely, whoever is doing the programming doesn't use these cameras, so they'd never know they forgot to keep it as a function.

They can ignore 3 or 4 of us complaining...

Who wants to try to delete a thousand videos individually?  

I don't save videos, at all.  If I want to keep one, I click "download" and save it to the phone or desktop. I sure don't keep them in the library on here.

Why change the names of everything... why do away with a simple, easy to use "mode" button. 

WHy make it so hard to do functions that were a snap previously.

I accidently deleted a camera off my feed... .clicking around trying to figure out what things do.

This new system is a mess.

8alzd33p
Tutor
Tutor

This is because your using the Arlo cloud/subscription/smart option that is available with new products unless you pay monthly, correct?

Because I recently cancelled my subscription and my recordings are saved on my usb via base station. I get push notifications much faster now but I download each video in library but I’m glad I stopped using the smart service because even though the identification of (person, animal, vehicle or package) was always correct, it still doesn’t follow schedule/rules when using local backup and cloud backup. Local is exactly right but depending on your speed I guess that could possibly cause a delay. I don’t guess I have E-911 service now, not sure. Uh what else, I guess that’s it, if I get the push notifications as accurate when I’m not on same network I assume I have to open app load video, then select device to view live (if possible) and then select alarm possibly, hopefully they will record until motion is done because I always had roughly 10 sec recordings before. I just got used to it and never realized I paid for quality system and it is but adding $10 a month for smart subscription definitely limited the past 3 years of use. 

8alzd33p
Tutor
Tutor

I always could hold down to select the 1st recording either before watching or same if I didn’t want to open it, 

I could only do this with the cloud recording/smart subscription. I don’t have the subscription after years and I like it better but I don’t see how I can delete my videos.

any clue??

using iOS phone

arlo app

pro 3 base station with usb stick. 5 cameras and 64GB is good for half a year. I’ve always just recorded my screen if I wanted a quick video file to zip and send. Using phone/tablet/pc,Mac,Linux 

TEP
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO PRO 4 XL can you select many or all to delete out of feeds?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TEP wrote:

ARLO PRO 4 XL can you select many or all to delete out of feeds?

This question isn't about the camera - it's about the app features.

• The older app user interface (with "Library" as a menu option) lets you select multiple recordings and then delete them in operation. 
  • The newer app user interface (with "Feed" as a menu option) requires you to select and delete one at a time.  

Eventually everyone will be running "Feed".

kacox
Initiate
Initiate

Just recently installed my doorbell and floodlight.  I have racked up quite a few  entries in my feed and have given up trying to keep up with deleting them.   It took me a while to get to this thread, as I kept finding the "press library button" solution in my web search.  Now I now know I don't have the button.  I'm not sure of the reasoning for removing the feature, but as others have already stated it is definitely necessary.  Hopefully it will be brought back.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

NEW PROBLEM:

Just this morning I was viewing videos, and after I was done I started the process of deleting them one at a time, lol... but they won't delete.. there are 14 videos on my feed and I tried to delete each one, but only one would delete... it gives me a yellow banner across the top of the phone screen that says "internal error" every time I tried to delete a video.

What in the hell is wrong with this place?

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I found out how to delete the entire contents of your library at one time... below are pictures that show how I do it ...on my Android phone... this will erase everything that you don't have saved to your phone somewhere..

step one... click on that blue person icon

Screenshot_20230201-071738_Arlo Secure.jpg

 Step 2.. click on data privacy

Screenshot_20230201-071724_Arlo Secure.jpg

step three.. on the next screen that pops up choose content and this screen here will open up.

Screenshot_20230201-072125_Arlo Secure.jpg

step four.. click on erase Arlo cloud, And then at the bottom there's another choice that will pop up that says erase all content.. click on that and you will finally be able to erase all videos in the folder/library... finally found a way to get it done!

Screenshot_20230201-072342_Arlo Secure.jpg

kacox
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks Regular Joe!

That's the big hammer.  They buried it pretty deep in the app.  Still think they should bring back a group delete function.  Hopefully it will show up in a later release.

Mike59
Aspirant
Aspirant

You are no regular Joe.   Thank you SO MUCH showing us how to delete the recordings.   It was buried so deep.   I even had called the company support to learn how to do that, but they said they could reset my account to have them deleted sooner, but I would have to pay a monthly fee.  

Thanks again!

KCJ080971
Initiate
Initiate

This would be a great functionality add! 

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It used to be a normal feature.. you could delete them all at once.. but a new update killed off that feature.

Quick3119
Initiate
Initiate

Please bring back the feature of select all delete feature on the feed.  Like everyone else the tedious task of a singular delete of a day (especially on a windy day) could be hundreds!  

AvonPat
Star
Star

+1 for this. Removing the ability to batch-delete videos, when the cameras can generate hundreds of them a day, is ludicrous. Bring back the ability to tag multiple videos and delete them. It takes around 5 seconds to delete a single video. I have several thousand on my hub now. I can't even go through and find the ones I want to download and keep.

PoppaDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Regarding bulk/multiple deletion of Feeds:

It is WAY past time for "monitoring" the issue and time to FIX the issue.

By a count of the number of complaints about this problem, you could be facing Bulk cancellations; myself among them. 

Time to "Get it Right", or be Left behind ....

nelsonsfive
Aspirant
Aspirant

Come on Arlo, you’ve got to fix this!!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're continuing to collect and monitor the feedback users are posting about the new 4.x experience. I will pass all the details of the topics being posted here to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

AvonPat
Star
Star

Put simply, the 4.X experience sucks. It is a massive step backward in terms of usability and utility compared to the previous app. It has made my security setup almost useless. I wish I hadn't bought the keypad, which forced me to upgrade to this awful app.

- Deleting recordings is laborious and takes way too much time. Coupled with the inability to batch-delete videos, the experience is untenable. I don't even bother to look at my feed anymore, as it's polluted with useless videos, due to the next point:

- No ability to make automations turn cameras off/on. The workarounds that have been suggested are non-starters. Since you've limited us to 3 states of alarm readiness, there is no way to schedule a camera to ignore things like leaving/arriving from school in the morning and afternoon in the front of the house and driveway, while leaving our wildlife cameras monitoring in the back yard. This should be an easy timed automation, but automations don't include the ability to enable/disable cameras. This is a gigantic oversight.

- Secondary accounts do not receive smart notifications of camera activity, nor is there any way to set them in the app (the option simply does not exist in the app on a secondary account.) My wife needs to be able to be notified if the cameras see wildlife (such as a bear) on the property when I'm not home. This functionality is not available.

- No ability to disable a wireless doorbell camera in the app, at all. If I want the doorbell disabled, I have to disable the entire system. I also had to disconnect the doorbell from my smart hub, so it's direct to WiFi, once the app was upgraded. The doorbell simply will not install if I want it to connect to the smart hub, as it was before the app upgrade occurred.

gjanart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great to see we can delete "ALL" via data privacy.  However, I am sure there are many use cases like delete all for a day, range of days or a way to delete a group by selecting one and then scrolling down and pressing Shift Click to select a range.  The later has been a feature of email packages since late 1900's - should not be too tough from a UI perspective.  Should also be a way to specify a specific recording is not deleted even when it falls within a range of feeds that are selected similar to STAR function in Samsung Message Application.  I see Community Manager said on 2022-12-14 he would pass along.  Wondering if there are any updates?   Is there a vehicle to have direct correspondence with anyone who acts as a liaison between users and product manager/development - if so please let us know.