Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
WBMJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I delete unwanted devices that  are shown in the list of “Specific People” when creating automations? I have numerous devices with the same name and some other devices that were retired long ago. 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WBMJ,

To remove unwanted trusted devices, take a look at the instructions listed in the following article: https://kb.arlo.com/000062289/How-do-I-edit-two-step-verification-settings

JamesC

WBMJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed the directions to the letter. It did remove the unneeded devices that were previously trusted , however it did not clear them from the list of “specific people” as found in the arrive and leave  automations. This leaves the function of those automations unusable. This is a BIG problem to me and apparently many others here  as well. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WBMJ,

This feature will be implemented in the next version of the iOS and Android mobile apps (4.5). Once released, to remove these devices from Geofencing settings within automations, you will need to navigate to Privacy Center -> Account -> Available Geofence Devices - > Edit within the mobile app.

If you're using iOS, 4.5 should already be available for download from the app store.

JamesC

Hardhitsweboi
Tutor
Tutor

That doesn’t seem to be correct.

I got super excited to read this as it’s been promised for over 2 years. But there are no geofencing devices in the location you specify and I’m on 4.5 on iOS. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hardhitsweboi wrote:

But there are no geofencing devices in the location you specify and I’m on 4.5 on iOS. 

I am seeing it there.

I'm 

1. going to dashboard
  2. pressing the icon in the upper left corner of the screen
  3. selecting privacy center
  4. choosing account from the options at the top of the screen
  5. selecting available geofence devices

This is on an iphone 12 mini (iOS 16.5)

WBMJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you have shared your account with others, do the above stated procedure on their device.  In my case, there were some devices in my geofencing, and there were other different ones lusted on my wifes device.  The combination of the two list was what was showing up in my list of "Specific people" in the modes settings.  I deleted all the devices listed in both accounts.  This has worked for me. ...I hope the same for all the others here.