Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bandit90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought and setup the wired doorbell and connected it to my existing chime box. When someone comes to the door I get a notification to say it's detected a person, then they press the bell button and I get the sound from my chime box and then both mine and my wife's phones ring with the same ringtones we have setup for a normal phonecall (my wife is setup as a friend so gets the notifications). I see many people have asked this question in the past but can't find anything recently on this. Is there any way to either change the ringtone (eg make it silent or even different so a phonecall is easily distinguished from someone pressing the bell) or to disable only the phonecall when I'm home using geofencing? I see I can arm/disarm using geofencing but I don't want to totally disarm when I'm home. Only stop the phone ringing! I answer the door and my phone is sitting ringing in the background which is very annoying . I have a Samsung phone so running Android. Seems a very basic feature to be missing?

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Changing the Android ringtone for a doorbell press is currently not a supported feature. You can utilize the silent mode option, but this will mute all calls to the phones. 

Bandit90
Aspirant
Aspirant

And is this highly requested but simple feature of changing the ringtone being considered? Or Arlo aren't interested in improving the app for their customers? 

Bandit90
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll ask again, is this feature which has been requested many times by your customers going to be added at any point? Also the "silent mode" is rubbish. It plays an answer phone style message to the person who presses the bell. Why? If I'm in the house and don't want my phone to ring so turn on silent mode (which actually turns the doorbell to silent mode, meaning all users now have that turned on and not just me), then why would I want the doorbell to play a message to the person who presses it to tell them I'm not home and to leave a message?!?