Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

So getting a receipt from Arlo (for your subscription plan) is like pulling teeth. 

There is nowhere on the website to download them either. I am forced to waste my time and jump through hoops each and every month, to contact Arlo support each month. Here is what they have to say also.

"I am sorry to inform you that, due to some technical issues the automatic receipt is not working as of now." That was the same answer I was given over a year ago, when you stopped sending receipts via email.

Not being provided with a receipt in a easy manner is an utter FAILURE of Arlo MANAGEMENT and shows that they don't understand what customers really need.

Fix this!

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

There is a feature being worked on to allow this, but I don't have any information on when it will be available. Keep an eye on future app releases for updates on new features.

For now, to request a receipt, contact Arlo Support using the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

24 REPLIES 24
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ARLOdoBETTER,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your concerns in this area and the team is working on a solution for this issue.

JamesC

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

"the team is working on a solution for this issue." and has been doing so for over a year.

This is a canned non-answer.

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

So another month has come up, and I had to yet again spend time with support to get a receipt.

When I asked them about this functionality, they stated, "

Unfortunately, our system is not capable of sending the invoice automatically to your email because Arlo made some changes. Currently, the customer needs to call us for the invoice request. Don't worry we will do our best to improve our services especially for the invoice request. I'm sorry for this inconvenience."

Tell the DEVS to do better, restore this functionality that CUSTOMERS WANT. Thnx.

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

So another month has come up, and I had to yet again spend time with support to get a receipt.

When I asked them about this functionality, they stated, "

That's a very good question. However the only way to get a copy of an invoice is to contact us and request for it. This is the reason why there is no way for you check it on your account."

Seems like you get different answers to this question, each time you talk to support.

Hey Alro Management, what is the ETR for this issue?

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

Happy New Year Arlo!

Here we are, another month, another year, still no ability to easily get receipts.

I reached out support again, in order to get the one for this month. When I asked them about when I will be able to automatically receive receipts via email (or download them myself), they said, "currently, we are working on a feature where the customer can download the invoice from the Arlo app. Until the feature is implemented, we request our customer to contact us to get the invoice since we don't have an option to send invoice automatically."

So where are we. Is anyone at Arlo even reading these forums?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a feature being worked on to allow this, but I don't have any information on when it will be available. Keep an eye on future app releases for updates on new features.

For now, to request a receipt, contact Arlo Support using the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

Hi James, thanks for the reply. Appreciate that you are here. Not sure if those higher up at Arlo are actually listening. Seems like a consistent theme on the forums. I'll keep checking in. Thanks.

brinkmad
Tutor
Tutor

This is a VERY poor answer!!!!!  A tech company that doesn't track customer purchases?  Really?  What year is it? What country do you operate in?

This almost seems illegal, definitely unprofessional!

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

Another month, more time wasted jumping though hoops (and navigating a very poor chat bot) to get something so simple.

ARLO, any news (or crickets as usual)?

Arlouser030722
Guide
Guide

I feel your struggle and I have to collect invoices/receipts months after months for the last 3 years. Have sent in requests and made comments. Nothing! All words and no action. It's not that difficult! It's just a receipt!!!! OMG. 

Arlouser030722
Guide
Guide

Where is our receipt feature? How difficult is it to give us the option to download our receipts? It's been years dealing with this!

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

3 YEARS? thats horrible!    

Maybe it is time for customers to start looking for a new solution.

If it has indeed been 3 years, then this forum is not being listened to and serves no purpose but to placate the customers.

arlo69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is receiving an invoice such a hassle?  Looking at the discussion board and this has been an issue since the inception of the company.  I chatted with support and they indicated they could email me this months invoice, but I would have to open a support ticket  each month moving forward to get an invoice.  Wait....WHAT???

How has this not been fixed?

Arlo is the ONLY company that does allow you to print or email you the invoice automatically. 

I am flooded with offers for new Arlo products each month and yet they cannot send an invoice.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

rf90
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, is this issue being solved? I am potentially a future Arlo user and really need to download the receipts so I can claim from my company. Also, I am hugely appalled that they do not have dedicated email corresponding to different departments. I too get the feeling that the higher-ups don't give a after getting clients. 

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

Hi Arlo, any new on this?

Your support techs seem to indicate that it is nowhere on your roadmap.

"We do not have an automated system for invoices. We will inform you once it gets automated."

Luisthabarber
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having trouble with an issue on the web not letting me log in to renew my subscription.
Israel1986
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you haven't chosen arlo as your solution to home video cameras, save yourself the trouble. They have issues in every aspect of the company. Batteries are unavailable most of the time. Customer service is horrible as you can see by previous posts. Some of the batteries the cameras come with barely even hold a charge and i haven't even had them a year. If i could have gone with another company i would have.
Arlouser030722
Guide
Guide

When is this feature going to be available so we can download our receipts. It's been over 3 YEARS since you've told us this. 

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

HI Arlo,

Welcome to May, 2022!

Are we ANY closer to a solution on this? When I asked a support rep, they said, "We are working on that request, our technical team is still working on it to send the automated invoices. You will be notified once it has been completed. So that you will receive automated invoices".

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

Hello Arlo,

June is here but easy receipt access is not.

Any news?

jeremykeijo
Initiate
Initiate

This is so annoying... I used to get receipts way back when but then didn't use the service for a couple of years and now they're nowhere to be found.

ARLOdoBETTER
Star
Star

July non-update from webstore support, "I'm sorry we don't have any update as of now."

🤔😑

rf90
Initiate
Initiate

This is getting hilarious. In this age of prime technology advancements and you still can't get a single receipt sent to you or even a request for an invoice. It is a joke and a slap to the consumer's face. lol. Investors probably don't give a too because no pressure is being applied to the company's management to do better. I have switched to EZVIZ for services and I bet you can find other more competent companies out there. 

J
O

K

Branomite
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo, almost every single business user needs this functionality.  How can it not exist?