Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Cannot login after changing phone (Android)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Twist
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, 

I just changed phone and I cannot login to the Arlo secure app anymore, ive tried everything in this forum but the new phone cannot be trusted, i only get an error message. I get an error saying "ett fel inträffade" that means "an error occured" everytime i try to use any of the provided methods on my phone once i put in the code.

Ive tried the following

Reinstalled the app a few times, even rebooted phone. 

Changed around the autopush/email/phone on the Home page, the metod changes and I get the code, but i get a message everytime i try to put in the code saying an error occured. 

I even tried logging in to other Accounts that are on the main Account and the problem is still there. 

Ive tried removing the previous phone on the homepage but i cant find the red trashcan that people are talking about. 

Cleared cache and history 

This really sucks, bought products for almost 1000$ and cant use them any more just by a simple phone change.

Anyone knows about a work around that i havnt tried yet?

Phone is Samsung Galaxy Fold 6

Sincerely Niklas

7 REPLIES 7
mkpazon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow! I have the exact same experience. I got a OnePlus 12 and I can no longer log in to Arlo Secure. All tokens do not work (email, SMS, etc). Just stuck in an infinite loop of an "An error has occured". I've got 4 cameras and all of them are unusable.

RoDeM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue. New tablet and can't login on it. I get the one time code texted to me but get a " An error has occured. Please try again." message. I can still login on my phone though so at least I have that. 

mkpazon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happy to report that mine started working now. They have probably sorted out what was wrong. I hope yours work now too.

RoDeM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still getting the error here. Very annoying. 

Twist
Initiate
Initiate

Yes! 

The issue have been resolved, no errors and worked of first try! 

Problem solved

mkpazon
Aspirant
Aspirant

@RoDeM try going to my.arlo.com and changing your 2FA. I ended up removing everything except for my email. Which is now my 2FA. 

RoDeM
Aspirant
Aspirant

That did it, thanks!