Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have a pro cam and base station. Has been working fine for years with free sub. Got another cam, essential XL. Came with 3 month trial. It expired and both quit recording. Tried to buy a subscription but won't allow me to continue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. what I had to do was open the app, settings, subscriptions, the choose the arlo secure not the CVR option. when the next page opens THEN choose the CVR for $9.99. Put in payment info. Place for city and state doesn't show up right away. Had to fill that in after zip code. THEN you can agree and continue and what not. Everything and all came working as they should so far. Had to figure this out on my own. Arlo needs to remove the dead end option.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
Try removing the essential camera from the subscription list to see if the pro camera starts working again.

If you’re using Apple device to access the subscription then try using a pc browser to my.arlo.com to update subscription.
jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok that worked for my pro cam but now the essential won't record cloud or locally and still can't subscribe if that's what it needs. I even put a USB stick in for local recording. Also not using apple.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jameshs888,

What are you experiencing when you try to purchase a subscription? Are you getting an error message during checkout?

JamesC

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another day, another endless roundabout of re-booting garbage just to get it to stay on, never mind actually do anything.

Every single camera I own is within 25 feet of the base station, and my internet is 300mb fibre optic right into my house.

I can download a 2gb movie in less than 5 minutes but Arlo cameras can't even stream un-interupted that long.

Rocketdog13_0-1660913639384.jpeg

What's the answer James?

Re-boot the base station?

jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. I can only record on the older pro after removing the essential XL. I have the essential added back but can only watch live feed. I'm still trying to resolve the issue. I'm going to try to subscribe the XL without the base station next.
jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
Goes to page that says choose CVR plan. there is a continue button at the bottom but you can't click it. Like its greyed out.
jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. what I had to do was open the app, settings, subscriptions, the choose the arlo secure not the CVR option. when the next page opens THEN choose the CVR for $9.99. Put in payment info. Place for city and state doesn't show up right away. Had to fill that in after zip code. THEN you can agree and continue and what not. Everything and all came working as they should so far. Had to figure this out on my own. Arlo needs to remove the dead end option.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@jameshs888,

So choosing the CVR option allows you to obtain the arlo secure subscription, or was this a typo?
jameshs888
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. choosing secure in the first screen allows you to choose CVR in the next screen.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Thanks, I think I understand, I think.

I previously read arlo articles that state that the CVR plan is a separate plan to the secure plan and you can’t have both, either one or the other but your saying you have to select the secure option to access the CVR plan.

Was the CVR plan what you were after since you would be unable to download recordings, only view them.
Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

You can have both, I have a subscription plan for smart detections, activity zones and cloud storage, and I frequently get offered a 24/7 recording cvr plan, so if I can't have it why does Arlo offer it to me then?

Arlo can't even get their own useless articles right clearly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jameshs888 wrote:

Something definitely not right here, since the Essential and Essential Spotlight cameras don't support CVR (but do support Arlo Secure).

If you go into your subscription settings, are you seeing any cameras listed under Arlo Secure?  Or is there a "subscribe now" control next to it?

Is CVR subscribed, or does it say "subscribe now"?