Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Brand New Q out of the box, chimes and then can't be found.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flicker6
Guide
Guide

I am configuring a brand new Q.  Yes, some of us still have those stashed away.   Same behavior whether attempting to add device on iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows. Tried different houses, different wifi networks (Spectrum 2.4 vs Frontier High Speed Internet Mesh).  The device chimes and then cannot be found.  The Frontier App on my phone alerts me that a new device has connected to my network (so I know I have the correct network name and password) but the device is never added and just times out.  I tried a reset, no luck. 

Any suggestions?  

I am trying really hard NOT to upgrade my account to Arlo Secure.  My Dad did because he was forced to when he attempted to enroll some Arlo Essentials and now he can't see my Q cameras and I can't see any of his (Essentials and Q's combined on the same account) even though we have granted access to each other.    And yes, I know Q's are approaching EOL, which is very unfortunate as we both have been very happy with them for years but I feel like this latest change by Arlo is just another "money grab".  I have been through a few of those with Arlo and I am thinking their product is just not worth it anymore.

Best answers
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the Q and tried again?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062665/How-to-factory-reset-an-Arlo-Q-or-Arlo-Q-Plus-Camera

There was a comment from a mod a while ago that old cameras may not connect because their firmware was too far out of date. If true, that could explain this.