Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

A few days ago, I noticed that none of my cameras were saving videos to my feed.  I get notifications of movement for some of them (one isn't working but that's another thread) but when I look at the feed there is nothing there.  I am currently seeing zeroes on every camera.  Even if I manually record a video, it doesn't save.  My subscription is active until February of 2024.

2023-04-19_09-04-33.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes.  Still having the issue.  I'll even get email notifications with an image but the dashboard doesn't show any new images or video saves.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not really sure what steps to take since it affected all of them at once.  Only 2 of my cameras use a hub but I have rebooted that.  I have restarted all of the cameras.  I've removed all of the activity zones.  I've adjusted the motion detection sensitivity on all of them to 100%.  

I still get an email with an image of motion but nothing is in the the Feed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

I'm not really sure what steps to take since it affected all of them at once.  Only 2 of my cameras use a hub but I have rebooted that.  I have restarted all of the cameras.  I've removed all of the activity zones.  I've adjusted the motion detection sensitivity on all of them to 100%.  

I still get an email with an image of motion but nothing is in the the Feed.

Have you looked at your active mode, and confirmed that the camera rules are set to record?

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, how the heck do you quote someone on these forums?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

Also, how the heck do you quote someone on these forums?

Click on the quote control in the toolbar above the text box.

quote.png

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess I don't have it.2023-04-27_08-52-32.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

I guess I don't have it.

Try clicking on the three dots, and see if that helps.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just about the only thing I get from support are links to articles that have nothing to do with my problem and them saying to make sure they're armed.  Then nothing for several days at a time (but I get warnings if I don't answer).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with your case number? 

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

I don't know where to find that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

@ShayneS wrote:

Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

Jake55
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try turning off camera under each camera configuration wait for 1 to 2 mins then turn on, then test camera by doing a manual recording. This is temporary solution until the bug is fixed. I have found two differences things that causes my camera to stop recording, and or I get push notifications for a camera but see nothing recording in feed. Both time I track it back to me making a change before it started acting up.  Not sure this will help as I’m using hub for all my cameras.

1) if you turn off and on without waiting 1-2 minutes camera may stop working.  

2) after adding any activity zones.

This has affects both my new pro 5 and my 8 year older pro cameras and wasn’t a problem with free cloud service.

IOS APP
4 - Pro 5

5 - pro HD

HUB VMB5000

all my devices and apps are running newer software/firmware 

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB wrote:

@jfencl wrote:

@ShayneS wrote:

There are no messages.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jfencl wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@jfencl wrote:

@ShayneS wrote:

There are no messages.

@ShayneS asked you to send him one with your case number.

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB wrote:

@jfencl wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@jfencl wrote:

@ShayneS wrote:

There are no messages.

@ShayneS asked you to send him one with your case number.

Then let me be perfectly clear since there is an obvious lack of understanding.  I do not know how to find my case number.

Everyone got it now?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

I've been through that several times.  And, there's literally no option anywhere to bring up my support cases.  When I try to use chat it always creates a brand new case# and everything has to start over.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43523699

jfencl
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ShayneS wrote:

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43523699

I appreciate your help but haven't heard a thing from anyone.