Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra - Secure subscription expired

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Candyfloss27
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Secure subscription that came with the cameras has expired and I understand I should still be able to access the library. Every time I go to the library on the mobile app to view and download a pop up box appears and I can't access the library. The pop up box is to activate Arlo secure subscription but I don't want a subscription. Does anyone know how to get rid of this so I can access the library?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
The ultra and later model cameras needs a subscription to make recordings to Arlo’s cloud library.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Read carefully about direct storage.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it-for-Arlo-video-recor...
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Candyfloss27 wrote:

My Arlo Secure subscription that came with the cameras has expired and I understand I should still be able to access the library. 

Only if you've set up direct access to local storage.  Have you done that?

Candyfloss27
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure how to do that.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Candyfloss27 wrote:
Not sure how to do that.

Then it must not be enabled.

Although many folks here do use it as an alternative to a subscription, it does have several limitations you should be aware of:

• Local recordings only available in the app (not the browser)
  • Local recordings only available to the primary account (not "friend" accounts)
  • No ability to make manual recordings or snapshots
  • No thumbnails
  • Remote access to local storage requires router settings changes that some find difficult (and which won't work on some situations - for example, with Starlink or T-mobile broadband).  

Also, you lose activity zones if you don't have a subscription for the Ultra.

Candyfloss27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you

Candyfloss27
Aspirant
Aspirant

No not yet but looking into it. Thank you