Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone having problem purchasing CVR plan? Unable to choose Arlo camera for CVR plan.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tamyusze
Follower
Follower

cannot choose anything inside the page

45FDAC14-B6BA-41B1-826F-D50531A80C36.png
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What camera model?

Is it paired with a base?

Is it using AC power?

Latentadora62
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still not able to click the option to add it to my subscription. Chat is only for tier 2 members. And it's a chat Bot, so no help there. I have a new Essential XL spotlight cam.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Latentadora62 wrote:
 I have a new Essential XL spotlight cam.

Which per this link doesn't support CVR:  https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

The only Essential on the camera list at the top of the article is the Essential Indoor.

ChristieR
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having this issue. I have the Pro 2 and the solar panel, since I read I need a constant power source to support CVR. I’m given no options for what CVR package I would like and it doesn’t give me the option to drag and drop my camera. I canceled my other arlo subscription thinking that was why the camera wouldn’t show up. No luck. I’ve tried the app, safari, chrome, on my phone and laptop. Would love to know how to upgrade to CVR since that’s why I bought the solar panel. My original plan would miss things because of the recording delay. Literally missed a hit and run.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ChristieR wrote:
I have the Pro 2 and the solar panel, since I read I need a constant power source to support CVR. 

The solar panel won't do.  It can trickle-charge the camera, but doesn't provide the power needed for CVR. You need to connect the camera to AC using the normal charger (outdoor rated if the camera is outside).

FWIW, a solar panel isn't a constant power source.