Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ralcalmil
Follower
Follower

Anyone want to buy 4 Arlo cameras?   I'm done with Arlo.    Bait & switch is one thing, but highway robbery is something else.   Just got notice of ANOTHER increase, this time it's a 60% increase.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm outta here.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Providing you with security and peace of mind has never been more important to us. However, there has been an increase in costs in our industry over the last several years. Which means we need to change the pricing we set for our services. This enables us to continue investing in innovative solutions that offer you best-in-class security that is customizable to your needs.

We have no current plans to increase prices further unless market conditions change.
    We continually strive to keep our services competitive, maintaining the highest levels of quality, cybersecurity, and privacy. Market conditions will dictate any future price changes, however, we are fully committed to finding ways to bring costs down, without compromising quality.

For the latest information about Arlo subscription plans and pricing, take a look here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/arlosecure.html

42 REPLIES 42
havsgaard
Initiate
Initiate

I will be unmounting my cameras again - only 3 month free for a very expensive pack of cameras + Hub. Just recenetly found out the totally ridiculous subscription fee, and it pissed me off, that I paid nearly 3000 danish kroner, with savings, for this garbage, not being able to use the standard features more than 3 months. 

I will advice AGAINST arlo products to friends, family and various online forums.

One unhappy customer!

yoelrc88
Initiate
Initiate
This is just crazy in the last one year and a half decreases are out of this world. I’m not putting up with this. I’m going to disconnect the cameras cancel the service and order something else probably an sftp doorbell that I can just record myself or something else cheaper.
Leoccc
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Arlo, you guys are so crazy to increase fee from $4.99/M to $7.99/M for single camera ( maybe multi cameras too)

What kind of cost increase to make you increase fee more than 60%? 

Is this for you guys big salary increase? 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Constant123 

They did roll out one exciting new feature last year.  Changed the name to Arlo Secure.”

It isn’t fair to characterize it as merely a name change.  It severely broke my installation.  Geofencing doesn’t work.  Old UI cameras don’t show up when shared with new UI accounts and vice versa.  I have thousands of dollars of Arlo cameras and I’ve been using the system since 2015.  It’s a mess.  I keep waiting for a version of the software that fixes some of the usability issues many customers have described, but Arlo development seems to be very slow in rolling out fixes.  

MikeMB
Initiate
Initiate

Alro increased my annual subscription by 46% ($103 to $150). I will terminate my service ASAP. Has anybody else experienced such price gouging?

Dgmi
Apprentice
Apprentice

haha - gotta love the ‘moderator reply’ and I quote a snippet…

‘We have no current plans to increase prices further unless market conditions change.’

guess market conditions changed quite a few times in past few years and we all know the market  change weekly; thus that statement doesn’t mean anything but “stay tuned as we increase prices yearly” lol

y1adde
Initiate
Initiate

I remember last year they changed the plans so that the old monthly price became the yearly subscription price.

I found that already pricey at like $13 CDN per month for unlimited camera standard plan.

Now I just checked and it's $200 Cdn for a yearly plan. Up from like $160.

That's crazy and it seems like a yearly subscription saves you like $10 as it's like $210 if you do monthly so is like less than a buck in savings???

I definitely won't be doing yearly subscription anymore if I just save $10 a year as on top of it in winter months the cameras stop working due the cold. Did not realize that when I bought from Costco thought they would only sell stuff that works all year round my mistake for not doing research.

I probably will go monthly for the next few months as I do an airbnb and want cloud storage on top of my local storage through base and activity zones.

After that when I go long term renting it's not as important and will just cancel as it's too expensive for what it is.

Eventually will just replace Arlo it's not worth it features that should be free like zones are pay and now so expensive. I think when I got then it was like 10 per month and now almost doubled in 2 years.

Boblowry11
Initiate
Initiate

Lucky you! If you bought it from Costco, you can return it anytime for any reason. If I were you, I would return the

AnaKay
Tutor
Tutor

Agree. I’ve never seen anything like this. It went from $2.99 to $4.99 to $7.99. What a scam. Such money hunger. I’m outa here. They gave me 3 months at 75% off, after that I’m done. They are crazy if they think I’ll pay $9 for a meh camera. I’ll probably get a Ring or some other brand 

Anyrugik
Guide
Guide

Dont walk, run to change this trash of product… it cost me a little bit but i was not joking. I completely took down all my ARLO home system and migrate to a better system with no need for subscriptions for basic stuff.

in this day and time im done with greedy companies jacking up the price for no reason. I have zero tolerance for people who treat people like milking cows… this items still remain as luxury.. and push come to shove we will cut them with no hesitation if needed.

jonsjo
Guide
Guide

Short story as the detailed one gets classified as spam when i try to post it in this forum. But they can stay asured that it will be posted on many other sites.

My Credit Card expired and i got a notice to update the billing information.

I followed the steps described in the notice i recieved and everything looked fine, the system accepted the new card.

Got another notice about a week later and redid everything and it looked liked it worked.

Fast forward a couple of weeks my sub was cancelled.

I called support and told them what happened.

They instructed me that due to a fault in their system that instruction won't work. I need to choose a new plan and then the new card and after that go back to my original plan. 

I asked if the price wouldn't change then as i'm a long time customer and my price was 129:-/month ($12) and the new price 179:-/month ($17), but it wouldn't he explained. I then asked him to restore my sub to what it was as i just had followed their faulty instructions. .

Answer i got was that it is impossible. I have to sign upp for a new sub with current price 179:-, that's the only way.

Got 40% off for 6 months, so now a new system from Amazon on the way with no sub fee's ad local storage.

Bye bye Arlo

PrincipalsMater
Initiate
Initiate

Had camera for a few months.  Overall it's a decent system 3 out of 5 stars.  One of the  reasons I purchased the camera was I wanted to see if it was better than my Ring system.   Also, the low monthly cost.  Granted I only bought only one camera for evaluation but the monthly cost suddenly increased!  It's a matter of principle. 

MrBill923
Star
Star

I don't know of any product or service that would have price increases of these amounts. Over last three years it has gone from $2.99 to $3.99 to $4.99. Now I read next year $8.99 monthly.

I have never received an email notifying me of increases, just saw it on my CC statement. 

Between the price increases and technology problems with even the basic coding errors - NOT sure why I should stay a customer. 

Shellys07
Initiate
Initiate

why did my plan go up from 4.99 to 7.99 a month and with no warning?

GaryLucas
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

Let me be very clear, I like Arlo, but the constant techies messing up the App, trying to make things more difficult for non-premium subscribers is annoying and I'm not playing your games. Over this past weekend, I went to check my "local" arlo recordings only see a message saying "Your account was deactivated" after logging back in now every time I go to my recordings it "defaults" to "Cloud" and then my recordings do NOT show up in the Arlo activity messages, only a generic activity message shows up not a descriptive: Person or Animal ect. The App is slower to respond and that is unacceptable as well. I am NOT going to buy your Premium up-sells. I EXPECT my service to be as good if not better that it has been over the last couple years! FIX THIS or I WILL FIND ANOTHER SOLUTION that does NOT include ARLO!!

Thank you,

Gary Lucas
Samanosuke
Initiate
Initiate

"We have no current plans to increase prices further unless market conditions change."

Meaning they'll increase it again within a year.  I was happy with the $3 price, annoyed when it was increased to $5.  Today I got billed and saw it's now $8.  So, I cancelled right away.  I hope they continue to lose subscription customers. Like the OP said, this is highway robbery!   

anonymous212
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo, very frustrated and disappointed in your price increases. We will add you to the long list of companies nickel-and-diming the average consumer and will not be purchasing more Arlo products in the future. 

VHNguyen
Initiate
Initiate

Yea I purchase mine at Costco 4 cameras for $280 I thought it was a good deal but then after looking at their annual subscription I just feel like I'm loosing $280, there is no way I'm paying $150 yearly.... I will  tell all my friends do not buy Arlo brand...