Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure or E911 calling

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rkay321
Guide
Guide

I have 2 locations and I use Arlo Smart subscription and was contemplating adding on the Arlo Secure new features for 911. However, you can only put 1 location into the Arlo system ‘currently’ for 911 emergency responders. 

Question: Will the new features in the Arlo Secure allow me to enter an Address by device? Or able to pick from multiple addresses in my profile?  

Any know?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rkay321,

Currently, you can add 1 address per Arlo account for the Emergency Response feature. I will pass your use case and feedback along to the development team for future consideration.

Thank you,

JamesC

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

I would think many users have two locations (house or businesses) they monitor its seems silly to have two accounts, and have to login twice, when currently I can see all my cameras on a single IPad screen.  

I would like this to be escalated to the software team with a response to me explaining why it cannot be done, or was not considered in the development phase, or what the logistical issues are?  

also, I would like to know how 911 calling will work on a Arlo Go camera, when you release a new version, one day.  Will that be done by each camera, or not not a feature that will ever come to fruition on that camera?

the issue:  be able to add in my profile a location for each Camera(s).  So if a camera triggered an alert, it has the proper exact location

i would appreciate it if your response is something more then we will escalate it…

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rkay321,

I've escalated this topic to the development team. The current design for Emergency Response uses the address associated with the Arlo account, it isn't based on the model of camera or the cameras location. I do not currently have any additional information beyond what has already been provided. You're welcome to contact support and open a ticket regarding this limitation.

JamesC

Jrevie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update of adding two locations?
Rkay321
Guide
Guide

No reply from Arlo yet