Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure geofencing not working

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
RTizzard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Secure geofencing not working. Have samsung s22+ and iPhone 13 mini (latest OS on both). Invite the iPhone as shared, set up just fine, see it as a shared member on the s22. Set up geofencing routine leave home and home mode correctly. Location service on for s22 and iPhone enabled correctly. Go out of the geo fence and no notification that leave home is enabled. Open App, App switches from home to leave. All cameras work fine and report detection. When moving back inside the fence, arlo does not switch. Open App, App switches back to home mode. This issue has happened when replacing a pro 2 camera with a pro 5 camera. I was forced to update Android App to Arlo Secure. Prior to the upgrade, geofencing worked fine on the old App. Using a base station, not wifi. In the iPhone arlo App, cannot set up location, home or leave modes. As it's shared I guess it gets its location and set up info from the s22. The whole arlo system is useless without geofencing working properly from both devices, please help

10 REPLIES 10
brianbish
Guide
Guide

Same issue. I can not even find an option to add geofencing or individually arm / disarm the cameras. I was also forced to update when adding the new doorbell and have been fighting for the past few days to resolve by working with support but have had no luck at all. 

RTizzard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Geofencing is enabled in routines then automation. I have set this up but geofencing not working and when I force the leave mode no notification. The old App worked fine. No feedback from Arlo yet

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of your GF automations. We may be able to get you going quickly when we see them.

RTizzard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I have found the issue with geofencing. In routines/automation and leave I had notifications set to email. I had both the android and iPhone email addresses listed. Today I removed the email addresses and selected notify everyone. Took both phones out of the fence and arlo enabled all the cameras. Came back inside the fence and arlo disabled as it should have. Early days for this change, will report back later. Some pics of what I have done. Each phone got notificatios as each mode was enabled

Screenshot_20231014_101957_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_101943_Arlo Secure.jpg

Screenshot_20231014_101924_Arlo Secure.jpg

Hallelujah
Star
Star

Has this configuration continued to work for you?  I have reported faulty geofencing performance multiple times.  Now Arlo only appear to respond if you have a subscription plan, so it would look like geofencing is not included.  No responses to my last case report.  Very poor technical support and morals after an expensive buy 😡

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Hallelujah 

Can you PM me with your case number and I will look in to this for you. 

Hallelujah
Star
Star

Case numbers 569014 dated 17/10/23 and 540817 dated 6/8/23 ... no response to the latter case and geofencing location status for devices remains blank.  No notifications on location changes so device reporting is completely failed.

RTizzard
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there. Yes arlo geofencing is working but no email notifications. Still have an issue if both phones are together ie both of us go out in the car together, there are no notifications at all when going outside of the fence. Arlo enables the away mode but no notifications. If the phones are apart then notifications are heard and away is enabled. Coming back inside the fence, no notifications are heard when both phones are together

egonvdv
Guide
Guide

My Geofencing is no longer working 

It's been a headache since i got the cameras 5 years ago 

sometimes it worked , and then after an app update, it no longer would

then after months, it started working again.. who know why and how

Right now, the app registers both users correctly when they are in/out of the zone,

But the system will not arm & disarm by itself.

i also switched on 'location in/out notifications", but do not get such notifications

We have 

iphone 12 mini  - latest ios

iphone 11 - latest ios

arlo pro 2  - base station: 1.21.1.0_4302_9611cf3 / hardware VMB4000r3

i have completely reinstalled app on both phones (several times)

restarted base station several times  and even unplugged it for several hours

If anyone has an ideas....

egonvdv
Guide
Guide

follow up

thank to Jeffrey from Arlo, managed to get it to work again

- i deleted the base station from my app

- reset base station

- switched base station off for 30 seconds / then on again 

- re-added base station to the app

cheers