Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I see there are three modes Arm away, Arm Home and Standby. I have all three set with rules for my cameras. Is there a way to create a custom mode? I want to replicate my Arm home mode with a custom Arm home night (user created mode I want to set up). Arm home mode has all outdoor cameras triggered by motion, cross triggering as well, Indoor cameras set to do nothing. For nighttime mode (the one I want to create). I want to follow the Arm home mode but add the indoor cameras to trigger on motion. Then set schedules to toggle between Arm home and Arm home night. Under routines I only see an option to add a schedule or Arrive/Leave. I see I can add cameras to a schedule, I want to keep my cross triggering for the cameras. My understanding and confusion are:

1. It looks like custom modes is not an option.

2. When creating a schedule and adding cameras what does Always enabled mean? Is this how we can keep the cross triggering between cameras?

3. If I add all Cameras to a custom schedule will they follow the camera cross triggering I have set up for the other modes? Which mode would be the defining rule to follow for Cross triggering?

I have 11 cameras. 4 connected directly to Wi-Fi and 7 connected to the VMB4000 hub. The 3 modes work fine the way they are set up now. Basically, I just want my indoor cameras to detect motion while we are sleeping.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) There's no way to create modes in the new UI. You have to figure out how to use the 3 provided ones to do what you need. Generally, you would use Arm Away for all cameras and Arm Home to arm only outdoor cameras (that's what I do).

2) I can't say I have figured out the utility in this (Always Enabled). It may be useful so you can only select certain ones at certain times but I just leave them all enabled. I don't believe it has anything to do with cross-triggering.

3) The use of a schedule generally only allows you to change modes (I'm sure some folks would find the other options useful). Hence, whatever that mode is configured to do will be in effect. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) There's no way to create modes in the new UI. You have to figure out how to use the 3 provided ones to do what you need. Generally, you would use Arm Away for all cameras and Arm Home to arm only outdoor cameras (that's what I do).

2) I can't say I have figured out the utility in this (Always Enabled). It may be useful so you can only select certain ones at certain times but I just leave them all enabled. I don't believe it has anything to do with cross-triggering.

3) The use of a schedule generally only allows you to change modes (I'm sure some folks would find the other options useful). Hence, whatever that mode is configured to do will be in effect. 

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

1) There's no way to create modes in the new UI. You have to figure out how to use the 3 provided ones to do what you need. Generally, you would use Arm Away for all cameras and Arm Home to arm only outdoor cameras (that's what I do). That's the way I have it now. Thanks for confirming on the mode creation.

2) I can't say I have figured out the utility in this (Always Enabled). It may be useful so you can only select certain ones at certain times but I just leave them all enabled. I don't believe it has anything to do with cross-triggering. Guess I can play around with it when I have some time.

3) The use of a schedule generally only allows you to change modes (I'm sure some folks would find the other options useful). Hence, whatever that mode is configured to do will be in effect. Something else to play around with.

Thanks for the info.