Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I've had Arlo since 2017. I have 4 Arlo Pro and 1 Pro2. I recently bought 3 Arlo Pro 4's, the Wifi video doorbell, and signed up for Arlo Secure.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8, with Android 9.

My questions are:

1) Am I supposed to get interactive notifications on the lock screen?

2) When I get a notification in the android notification center at first it matches my theme colors of grey background and white text and I can see the green box in the picture around what made the alert. But after the animated preview loads the notification turns white background with super light grey text that I can't read. I have to expand the notification for the text to turn black to see what it says. Makes it harder to see what happened, not easier. I turned off animated preview on all the cameras, but they all still give me animated previews. How do I fix this and stop the notification from turning white background?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

It appears that this issue has been fixed by Arlo. I've made no changes to my phone or the arlo app but today notifications are working correctly. I am no longer getting animated previews, which is how I want it, and the background colors and text colors are correct as well. I now only get the notification with a thumbnail and the green box drawn around the object that cause the alert.

So either this was a known issue and arlo fixed it.

Or arlo saw my posts, saw it was an issue and fixed it.

Or maybe it took 3 days for the arlo secure settings to propagate to all the arlo data centers & servers.

Either way, it's working now, and I like it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Can anyone help here? If I could turn off Animated Preview I think it would solve the issue I'm having with notifications. I went into the arlo app > settings > smart notifications > went into every camera and turned off Animated Preview, but I still get animated previews. When the animation loads it messes up the notification making it unreadable.

I rebooted the base and my phone, same issue.

How do I turn off Animated Preview?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One way is to go to Settings, Smart Notifications, Manage Cameras and deactivate whatever cameras you don't want to have animated previews.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I actually tried that, moved cameras out of the smart alerts, but then I lose all the other smart/secure plan functions like people/animal/vehicle specific alerts and activity zones.

I've attached a screen shot. The grey notifications are ones that just came in. The white are what the grey turns into when the animated preview loads.

Does anyone else have this working? Is it the app? Is it my phone? Is it just bugs on arlo side that will be ironed out eventually?

arlo-secure-notifications.jpg

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

It appears that this issue has been fixed by Arlo. I've made no changes to my phone or the arlo app but today notifications are working correctly. I am no longer getting animated previews, which is how I want it, and the background colors and text colors are correct as well. I now only get the notification with a thumbnail and the green box drawn around the object that cause the alert.

So either this was a known issue and arlo fixed it.

Or arlo saw my posts, saw it was an issue and fixed it.

Or maybe it took 3 days for the arlo secure settings to propagate to all the arlo data centers & servers.

Either way, it's working now, and I like it.