Arlo Secure App v4.17 update bugs

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RTB-oz
Aspirant
Aspirant

This latest v3.17 update is really problematic and buggy. When using on an Apple iPad, when I go to Devices and select any one of my 5 cameras, it goes to full screen (where I can also click “Live”), but there is no way to exit from that screen! The only way i have found is to shutdown the App completely and re start it! I have tried rebooting my iPad but this did not help. I have no similar problem on my iPhone. My other iPad also has this problem so it seems to be a problem with the v3.17 update on all iPads but not iPhones.

Also, when going to Feed, the thumbnails are quite small. But trying to change the Feed settings to select “Large”, the thumbnail size increase is trivial. This update was clearly not properly tested before release.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RTB-oz 

Thanks for the feedback, I have been able to replicate this and I notified the team. I'll report back as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this still occur with the latest version of the Arlo app v4.19?

Thanks

RTB-oz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the problem with trying to exit from Live seems to be fixed. However the second part of my complaint does not seem to have been addressed:

When going to Feed, the thumbnails are quite small (compared to previous versions prior to v4.17 where they were nicely sized). But trying to change the Feed settings to select “Large”, the thumbnail size increase is trivial. The size increase going from Small (20mm wide), to Medium (25mm wide = 25% increase) to Large (30mm wide = 50% increase) should be more meaningful. I would recommend each step should be at least a 50% increase over the previous, so going from Small to Large should be at least double in size.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RTB-oz 

Are you seeing the option for a medium widget on iPhone and iPad with App v4.19?

RTB-oz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - I see Small, Medium and Large thumbnail size options in the Feed Manage Settings. (Not sure if this is what you meant  by "medium widget"?)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RTB-oz I see what you are referring to now, I was referencing the widget sizes not the feed sizes. Thanks for clarifying for me. I will bring this up to the team to see if there are any options to explore. Any info I receive I will provide here. 

Thanks