Arlo Secure App Lost Connection with Cameras, but not on Homekit

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Leon2771
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 VMB4000 base stations as one did not adequately reach all the 5 cameras in my home, including one at the end of my garden. Both base stations are also linked to my Apple Homekit app and work perfectly. My issue is, one of my base stations (not the one that is connected to my garden camera), but the one that is only a maximum of 10 meters from only the 2 cameras linked to it, has completely lost connection with the Arlo Secure app. However, those same 2 cameras (as well as the other 3 on the other base station) are still connected on my Homekit app and are working perfectly. This has happened a few times in the past. so I would just have to reset the base station and the cameras, and start a fresh install to get the Arlo Secure app to connect to the cameras again. However, it's only because they are connected to the Homekit app and still actively working that I now know the base station is still communicating with the cameras.

I have had this setup since 2016, so I understand that the system is a little old now.

How can I understand why this happening so it doesn't happen again, and how can I resolve this issue without having to do a fresh install again?

The 5 cameras are all legacy VMC4030.

1 REPLY 1
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

For users that are experiencing their base station no longer being visible within the Arlo mobile app or web client, you will need to re-onboard the base station by tapping "Add New Device" select Base Station/Hub and follow the on screen instructions.

If the base station cannot be found, follow the reset instructions linked here and then attempt onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station