Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Secure Annual Plan, paid for it but never received authorization code. NEED HELP!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Wozie
Follower
Follower

I ordered and paid for an annual subcription for Arlo Secure Plan last April along with purchasing several cameras. I completed my order on the  Arlo.com website.

I received the cameras but not the authorization code for the Arlo Secure Annual Plan subscription. A few months later, once my free Arlo Secure service rolled off after the free trial subscription, my Secure Annual Plan subscription did not begin. After several phone calls I finally was able to speak with someone at customer support. A  case # was initiated. I submitted my order # as well as a copy of the full invoice via the Arlo online customer support portal. I did not get any kind follow up from Arlo support. A few days later and the case was canceled by Arlo support.

So, once again, on October 26 I tried again. I  resubmitted my order number from April, a copy of the invoice from April that included the Arlo Secure Annual Plan, and the first case # online via the Arlo website.

By now Arlo had changed its policy and I was no longer  able to talk to a real person.  Once I created this second case #, I received a message from Arlo on the online portal notifying me that "I''ll send the following details to an Arlo Expert to review." 

And so... 3 days later...  on October 29 when I checked my Arlo online account for the case status, I discovered that the case was closed. 

In BOTH  instances, NO ONE from Arlo contacted me to confirm my claim and to provide me with the authorization code for the Arlo Secure Annual Plan that I paid for in April. 

This is Ridiculous. I could maybe understand some confusion if I purchased the Arlo Secure Annual Plan from another source. BUT I DID NOT! I completed the purchase via the Arlo.com website along with purchasing several cameras. So all of the  order number and invoice details were generated by Arlo and easy to confirm.

I need an assist here. Please help me out folks! All I'm trying to do is to gain access to a service from Arlo that I already paid for. Why has this been so difficult?!

Thanks, Wozie

3 REPLIES 3
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

A number of arlo customers often post here that arlo is a scam, and after reading your experience I can understand why they think this way.

The arlo moderators here on the forum are arlo employees who might be interested in your experience so I will flag them, or you can private message them and plead your case. @JamesC, @ShayneS.

ralarock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased an Arlo security system along with a year of the pro monitoring plan. The order stated that I would be sent a  code to redeem the subscription an hour later. The second email with the code was never sent. I paid $249 for the subscription and have no way to use it. I tried using customer support. It is a ridiculously inept system that has no clue what to do about this. There is no means to contact an actual human and send them the proof of my payment or to resolve the matter. Another issue is that the return process only considers the equipment. There is no line item for the subscription. So, there is no means to get a refund on the subscription that I have no means to use because Arlo failed to send me the redemption code.

At this point my only recourse is the do a return for the hardware and start the process of contesting the all of the charges with my credit card company.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.