Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight frequently offline since moving to CVR; typically offline half the day or more

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have responded to various similar posts and put in a support ticket, but don't seem to be getting any support from Arlo.

I have an Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight.  It was working fine for a few months, then suddenly started draining its battery every 4 to 5 days.  I have connected it to power using the Arlo outdoor magnetic cable and battery now is already on 90 - 100% (although does not always show as charging).  I also activated CVR and connected via the Arlo add-on smart hub. As a UK user it was really disappointing that CVR required me to move to a more expensive monthly Arlo Secure Plus plan (compared to Annual) before the extra cost of the CVR plan.

Since then, the camera is routinely offline despite having good wifi connection and showing 90+% battery.  Other cameras on the smart hub work fine and continue to allow live view + send through motion alerts.  The Floodlight will simply be offline with no live view, no CVR and no motion alerts for most of the day.

At this point, this is just not a credible CVR / security solution.  The Floodlight covers overlaps with area partially covered by my Ring doorbell, so at this point, I know I can can expect the Arlo Floodlight to be offline and use the Ring doorbell for reliable live view.  It is a real disappointment given the cost and that I have multiple Arlo cameras set up.  I am hoping to get some response or support from Arlo on this.  

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JJDH,

A camera dropping offline can sometimes be related to the location. Interference or poor connectivity at the cameras location can cause the behavior to be intermittent. I encourage you to try moving the camera, temporarily as a test, to see if the behavior follows the camera or the issue only occurs in the current location.

If you continue experiencing the same results after moving the camera. You should open a ticket with the support team in your region by logging in to your Arlo app and navigating to Settings > Support. From there you can open a ticket and request additional assistance.

JamesC