App Crashes

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tsm217
Follower
Follower

Ever since about December 14 my app instantly crashes once opened. I have tried force stopping and uninstalling/reinstalling the app multiple times. I am running version 4.10.5 28616 on Android 14

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you running the Android beta?

teebeeno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, and am running Android 14 (with security update December 5.) on a Pixel 6 phone.
I have version 4.10.5_28616 of Arlo Secure. If I start the app from a detection-notification, it sometimes does not crash, but if I start the app from home screen or app-list it crashes every time. 
I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, and restarting phone without any changes.

On first run of the app after reinstall, it lets me log in, shows the 2 factor verification using my email, then asks for acceptance of displaying notifications, and starts showing the main screen for about 1 second before crashing.  

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is currently being looked into. As soon as there is an update, I will provide it here. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

libzhark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, still the same crash with 'java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.util.Set java.util.HashMap.keySet()' on a null object reference'

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have any updates on the Android phone that have not been done?

libzhark
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still running 4.10.5_28616 From December 14th, which is the latest version in the play store

teebeeno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed the latest security patch for Android 14 beta, and it seems to fix the problem I had with the app crashing. It could also be a result of my subscription running out, since I haven't tried the app in a couple of days and meanwhile my subscription ended.

Attached the patch I installed in case it is of any help.

1000005642.png

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect, thank you for the update.