Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Secure app does not find VM4540 smarthub

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
djwebbe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently at my wit's end with Arlo. Please help!

I have an Arlo smart hub (VMB5000) and three Ultra 2 cameras which are fully functional.

I had three Pro 4 cameras which worked fine with an old Arlo Base Station but after removing that base station from the Arlo app, I was not able to add it back in despite following every available instruction and contacting Arlo Support (who just told me to do what I had already done ten times).

I have now gone out and bought a VMB4540 smart hub in an effort to utilise those three Pro 4 cameras but, alas, I cannot get the Arlo Secure app to find it.

I have followed all known troubleshooting steps. I've done a factory reset, tried a different ethernet cable, tried using my.arlo.com etc etc but no joy. And yes, the smart hub is connected to the modem/router and my phone is on the same network

I'd really like to avoid having to contact Arlo Support again just to have them step me through the same steps I've done half a dozen times already so am wondering what I could possibly be missing here?

PS What is with this "Post flooding detected....received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)? Brilliant. I haven't even managed to post the above and I get this blocker.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@djwebbe wrote:

I have now gone out and bought a VMB4540 smart hub in an effort to utilise those three Pro 4 cameras but, alas, I cannot get the Arlo Secure app to find it.

I have followed all known troubleshooting steps. I've done a factory reset, tried a different ethernet cable, tried using my.arlo.com etc etc but no joy. And yes, the smart hub is connected to the modem/router and my phone is on the same network

Did you purchase the VMB4540 used?  Or was it new?

What status is the VMB4540 LED?

One option is to exchange the base with the seller.

djwebbe
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was purchased new last night from a major retailer.

The LED is blue.

Exchange the base with the seller? I doubt this is a faulty hardware issue given internet connectivity is successful, at least according to that LED.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is a VPN in use? If so, disable it.

djwebbe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but no, there is no VPN.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@djwebbe wrote:

The LED is blue.

I doubt this is a faulty hardware issue given internet connectivity is successful, at least according to that LED.

Does the smarthub show up in your router's attached device list?

It is odd that neither base can be detected.  If you can connect a PC to the router using ethernet, then maybe try my.arlo.com on the PC again.

djwebbe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it does, thanks.

And, yes, I've previously performed the direct connect ethernet option without success.

I've been away for Christmas so my Arlo case for this was closed but I'd already tried everything they suggested.

I guess I'll open another case and, when that likely doesn't help, return to the shop for an exchange.