Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

On the app, it used to be, when you were viewing videos in the "library", as you were watching, if you desired to go to the next video all you had to do was swipe your finger across it and you'd instantly be shown the next video in the que.

Well, now, that function is gone.

New and improved?  How so?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is now available with the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version installed from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RegularJoe,

This limitation has been raised with the team. We're providing feedback like this to the devs for future consideration. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

At least on the app on our phone, formerly when you brought up a video to watch, if you desired to quickly go to the next one, all you had to do was swipe your finger across that image and it would fast forward to the next one in line... forward or backwards, actually.
  Can't remember how it worked on the desktop version.

Anyhow, it's annoying when going through your videos that the ability to instantly go to the next video, with a quick click or finger swipe, is gone. Now, we're forced to "X" out of that video and are then redirected back to the "folder" with the long list of videos available, whereupon we click on the next one... it's brought up for viewing... and to get to the next one, "X" out of that and go back to the "folder". 

Too time consuming... bring back the ability to fast forward, or whatever you want to call it.

Not sure if this is a firmware, software or programming issue. Doesn't really matter... it's not working like it used to.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just logging back in to announce that we still can't delete all videos at once. They keep sending me email queries asking me to update, so I keep telling them it still doesn't work. 

Maybe if the rest of you would open trouble tickets and complain?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the exact need to get this fixed. A user forum rarely causes a fix to be implemented.

Queenie27
Guide
Guide

I'm new to Arlo but purchased it because my son has it and it was easy to use.  Not sure how to fill out  a trouble ticket?  I can't stand that we can't swipe to the next video!  It's ridiculous to have to close out of one to go to the next one!  Tell me how to complain and I will!  Thanks

Coloradokid99
Initiate
Initiate

Any updates on this? It really is a big step backwards.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It IS extremely frustrating the lengths we have to go through to quickly view videos...  we used to be able to just "thumb" through them... but they improved things and "fixed" that. It's sure awkward trying to get anyone of any importance to take the ball and run with it to get us some positive results. I planned on writing up some trouble ticket... but forgot how and just gave up trying to do that.  

Highpeakjohn
Initiate
Initiate

The loss of swiping to next footage clip is awful. It doesn't even take you back to the same point in the library sequence.  My system only "upgraded" to this when I had to install my new add on Pro 5 camera. I wish I hadn't bought it now, but I guess even sending it back I'd be stuck with the upgrade.  Dreadful.

Queenie27
Guide
Guide

Any progress on this?  It's now May 8, 2023....just waiting for an update!!!!  Sooooo annoying! 

Queenie27
Guide
Guide

Guess not....

Eyball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well it’s nice to see that Arlo finally fixed something in the new app experience.  You can now swipe left/right to move between clips in your feed.  IMO this simple fix should have been implemented a long time ago but I’ll take it.  Now hopefully they can resolve the geofencing device nightmare and lack of custom modes.  Come on Arlo!  This is not a free service we are paying a good amount of money here let’s get these requests taken care of!  

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

.. after all my pissing and moaning and complaining, they finally restored our ability to finger swipe forward and backward while viewing our videos in our libraries.

They must have just turned it on last night because when I woke up this morning to view last night's captures, there was a little banner across the screen that says use finger swipe to look forwards and backwards through your library

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This feature is now available with the latest version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. Please make sure you have the latest version installed from the app store.

JamesC