Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Annual subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Manzi20
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the secure annual subscription yesterday in hopes I would be able to record at all times. I was wrong I need to switch my plan to CVR but I want to be sure I’ll get my money back for the months I won’t be using the annual subscription. I tried cancelling it yesterday and it said “sorry to see you go, you’ll be able to use subscription til Feb 14th 2023.” 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Manzi20 wrote:

I want to be sure I’ll get my money back for the months I won’t be using the annual subscription. I tried cancelling it yesterday and it said “sorry to see you go, you’ll be able to use subscription til Feb 14th 2023.” 

They don't refund when you cancel - one big disadvantage of the new annual plan.

CVR requires more than a subscription.  You need to connect the camera with a base/smarthub, and you need to provide AC power to the camera (solar won't do it).

Although expensive, I do suggest going with both for a bit.  You can't download footage from the CVR stream, and it can be time-consuming to look for a specific event.  So having motion-triggered recordings as well can be useful,

Manzi20
Aspirant
Aspirant

we’ll that’s kinda crap of them 

$120 for literally nothing

thank you for replying though!