Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
shabuka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all!

I just bought a suite of devices from Arlo (Essentials 2k 2nd Gen Doorbell, 2nd Gen Outdoor Camera and the Chime 2). 

Set everything up and seemed fine, but my Android Z Fold 3 (and spare cheaper Android phone) don't seem to work with the microphone functions for 2-way talking or when the bell is rung.

My partner is added as an admin and can use those features fine with his iPhone.  I also tried the web portal and that works fine too.  It also works on the website on my phone - just not the app...

Troubleshooting steps I have tried:

• have restarted the phone and app
  • have uninstalled/reinstalled the app
  • have tried on speaker, with airpods connected, with a wired headset
  • have confirmed the microphone permissions are on.  I even turned them off and back on just to check.  I also tried the setting where it asks permission when you try to use it each time - no avail!

The only thing I haven't done is remove the cameras and re-add them because it's not just one camera, it works for the iPhone/computer and I would like to avoid having to restart the config again.

Is this just the app not playing well with Android generally?

I've contacted support separately, but figured I would try here too!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible that the mic is muted?

shabuka
Aspirant
Aspirant

The mic is not muted.  I've confirmed everytime I test.  I believe it to be an issue with the app and my particular models of Android phones.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support to select a camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

shabuka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you - yes I did that before the community post, but I just thought I would try the community at the same time.