Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
AB23
Star
Star

Hello,

Since the recent android update a few days ago, the alert sound has not been playing when DND is activated. The popup alerts are still appearing, but there is no sound. 

I have checked all settings, including testing notifications from other apps (email apps, etc.). Notifications in the Arlo app (and in the modes) are enabled. The problem appears to be specific to the Arlo secure app. 

Any suggestions?

33 REPLIES 33
dmwinship
Aspirant
Aspirant

INTERESTING UPDATE:

I just got a call from Arlo support (Yes, an actual phone call) to say they have taken all of my documentation including app logs, and have confirmed that the inability of version 4.6.1 to send alerts that bypass Samsung's do not disturb is indeed a problem that needed fixing. They promise they are working on it, and that it will be fixed in the next app update.

They said they would leave my support case open until they fix it and would actually notify me.

No timeline was offered, but I felt encouraged by the fact they admitted it was a problem and we're working on it. Until then, good old version 3.4.5 will work just fine for this user.

dmwinship
Aspirant
Aspirant

They finally fixed it, per my communication from Arlo support last night:
"We're glad to inform you that the issue has been resolved on our end, so I kindly request that you update the Arlo app version to 4.7 and notify us if the issue has been fixed on your end. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us."
I updated the Arlo Secure app via Google Play to 4.7, checked all my settings, restarted my phone, and it works the way it used to.

Billjo94
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well what the heck!!  I just updated it and re started it and still doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?  Appreciate it thanks 

dmwinship
Aspirant
Aspirant

You might want to uninstall the Arlo app and then reinstall it, be sure all your recording settings are right. Then go through all those notifications and app permission settings on your phone's Do Not Disturb settings.

If it still doesn't work, call Arlo support.

Aaron1982
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new Arlo user here.

Both my wife and are are experiencing this issue where when 'do not disturb' is enabled we receive pop up notifications with no sound. This renders the system practically useless while we sleep.

I am using a Samsung Fold 4 & she is using a Pixel 6 Pro.

The fact we both receive the pop up notification makes me believe this is not a setup issue on our end -- please correct me if I am wrong. 

Attached screenshots of the versions on the Samsung Fold 4.

SmartSelect_20230907_184812_Arlo Secure.jpg

SmartSelect_20230907_184924_Settings.jpg

Aaron1982
Aspirant
Aspirant

See my previous post... 

These are the versions from the Pixel 6 pro.

signal-2023-09-07-18-46-27-962.png

signal-2023-09-07-18-46-27-962-1.png

  

Mitzu
Guide
Guide

I'm not sure why.  That happened to me for about a month and then it started working.  I figured arlo fixed the issue as it is working correctly for me again.     Since your system is new, I would reach out to them via phone.   

dmwinship
Aspirant
Aspirant

Take a look at my post here from August 1. The earlier version of the app worked fine, they're updated version failed. This lasted for about 2 months for me, so I discontinued the automatic update in Google Play and reverted to the older version, until they fixed it with the newest version.

I went through many iterations communicating with Arlo support, and finally got some results once I called them and had a personal conversation with them.

You may want to just be sure you have the most recent version of the app, 4.7 I believe, and if you do and it doesn't work, call them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Aaron1982 wrote:

Brand new Arlo user here.

Both my wife and are are experiencing this issue where when 'do not disturb' is enabled we receive pop up notifications with no sound. This renders the system practically useless while we sleep.

I am using a Samsung Fold 4 & she is using a Pixel 6 Pro.

The fact we both receive the pop up notification makes me believe this is not a setup issue on our end -- please correct me if I am wrong.

From what I've gathered from these posts is that Samsung's DND is significantly different from the stock Android that the Pixel 6 Pro uses. I have a Pixel 6 (non-Pro) and the DND settings work well - I get the push notifications but no sound when DND is in effect. In the phone settings for the app, click on Notifications and then onn Notifications again (not the toggle). In there make sure Override Do Not Disturb is not toggled on.