Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Arlo Secure missing list of devices in automations.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
jmiram
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Android version of Arlo Secure is missing devices in the automations arrive/leave menu. The full list of devices appear in the iPhone version of the app.

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

jmiram
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, there was no change.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I may be seeing the same thing on Android. My wife's phone does not show up in the list of devices to be used for geofencing. I've even re-invited her just to be sure it wasn't a carryover from having been shared a long time ago. If I create a geofencing automation I can only use my phone for location detection so if I leave the house she gets recorded moving around.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, I will look in to this any provide an update as soon as I can. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, 

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

jmiram
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I'm still experiencing this issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jmiram 

Did you happen to receive an email from support?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.5?

Thanks 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I’m experiencing a similar issue.  I removed all my geofencing devices using the my.Arlo.com page because the list had become messy with so many devices (including old devices I no longer have), all poorly named, to the point I couldn’t identify which was which.  After doing this I reinstalled the app on the devices I wanted to use for geofencing - both my user and the users I share the system with.  The devices show under profile > Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofence Devices and I have named them clearly.  However since doing this the geofencing device list both on my.Arlo.com and in the app under routines arrive/ leave automation is totally blank.  On the iOS version I see the message ‘ No devices’, on the android version I see a pop up error message ‘ Network call failed com.arlo.routines.data.geofences.remote.geofencedevice’ when trying to bring up the list of devices (‘specific users’) when creating an automation, the list is also blank as with iOS.

I have tried removing and re-adding the shared users.   I tried deleting and recreating one of the arlo users I share with.  But nothing makes this list of device update or refresh, it remains blank.  As such I am now unable to use geofencing.  Any ideas please?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I spoke to Arlo support and they said they have known issues with the Geofencing function on the updated Feed UI App related to the Geofencing device list.  They are working on a fix for this but no ETA yet.

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no devices either so are looking forward to this response

Viper3221
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately I didn’t get any further response from Arlo support and in fact they just closed my support case without contacting me.  I gave up waiting and completely deleted my Arlo account and factory reset all my cameras and SmartHubs (so this reply is from a new account).  I then set everything up again from scratch, reinstalled the app, re-invited other users and my geofencing device list now populates correctly.  Although I have yet to confirm if geofencing is actually now working, I have devices to choose from at least.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having the same problem in the newest app (4.7), the previously avaliable devices are not avaliable anymore in the device list making geofencing not work as it should. It there a fix or a workaround to get old devices back again?

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like arlo do not care about problems as they seem to ignore them if it’s a minority. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member Which version of the app do you have installed?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Using version 4.7.1_28575 (Released 15/8, Android)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you @Retired_Member 

SBen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m also using version 4.7.1 (6592) 1st august ISO version