Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

granted the wife access years ago and things were fine until I granted access to my daughter - then the wife stopped getting alerts - removed her and added her again and now she gets alerts but the daughter no longer does.  After 3 days support has been no help - is there a limit on how many will get alerts, access isn't worth much without alerts.

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to clarify that you are referring to the push notifications?

is the daughters phone a handme down from your partner? Are they using the same iPhone ID?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No both the wife and daughter have iphone 13s that were bought new.  Everything under grant access works fine except only one receives push notifications as in whomever was last added per support instructions to remove and re add.  If I remove and add the daughter the push notifications stop on my wifes phone,  Then if I remove and add the wife the push notifications stop on my daughters and it is a non stop add remove cycle they have me performing.  All three support people say only one grant shows on their end.  However all show on my phones and computers and all work with all the controls available except only one will get push notifications. i can even log in to each account so clearly they exist.  Support just can't figure it out.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you check the armed mode camera rules have the iPhones listed in the rule’s notifications list and are enabled.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I deleted both phones and re added them which stopped them both from getting push notifications so I went back to support and told them.  About 2 hours later they both started working so for now we're holding our breath.  Kind of takes me back to the early days after Netgear sold out.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

They are both still working after three days so assuming nothing more was done by Arlo (which is likely since their last reply to me was "were glad telling you your system was offline solved your issue) My system is always offline sometimes that is one of it's capabilities but when two of three are working it's most certainly online at the time.  It appears everyone had to be deleted and re added at the same time which strikes me as a dumb way to have to add more people but if they continue to work fine but since they both originally worked for two weeks I'm not betting on it yet.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I recall reading similar posts pointing to a delay in the arlo backend updating with access changes.

The say that access miraculously start working a day or two later.