Arlo Safe buttons

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JB-Rose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see there is a family bundle that includes two emergency 'buttons' with a one year subscription.  However, I am already have the Secure plan for all my cameras and if I add the Safe plan, there seems to be no way to get the buttons.  Am I missing something?  

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JB-Rose,

The Arlo Safe app can be used with or without the buttons. If you purchase the Arlo Safe Button Family Bundle, a 1 year trial plan for Arlo Safe is included. If you do not purchase the button bundle, you can still use the Arlo Safe Mobile app along with an Arlo Safe plan or upgrade your existing Arlo Secure plan to the new Arlo Safe & Secure Pro Plan.

For more information on this, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

JB-Rose
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already know this and why I asked the question.   What if I want the buttons instead of having to walk around with phone in hand (another draw to potential criminals in certain situations) and hence why it's an important accessory to this service.  So, you are basically saying that is the only way to buy the button... pay for a bundle I don't need when I already have camera coverage and end up with two subscriptions instead of the combined one offered on the SAFE subscription page?  Seems this is the only way to point out the gap in the offering.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JB-Rose,

We will be offering a single button stand-alone kit later this year but I don't have all the details available just yet. Keep an eye on arlo.com for updates on it's availability.

JamesC

Geratado161
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jumping in here. So wouldn't it make more sense to keep my Secure Subscription at $14.99 a month which equals $178.88 a year and then subscribe to the $119.99 Safe plan for a total of $299.87 then paying $359.87 that I would pay with my current plan $19.99 a month which equals $239.88 a year plus the $119.99 for the Arlo Safe Family Bundle + 2 Safe Buttons" Kit? And I get two button instead of the one you say will available soon for an additional cost.

JB-Rose
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Geratado161 , the pricing model definitely does not favor current Arlo customers.  I opened a support ticket, which somehow morphed into two support tickets.  After two weeks or going back and forth that route... they only kept referring me back to the kb article on how to sign up for service, even though I asked for escalation away from the support desk.  

Regardless, both my wife and I have found that the application on the phone was using so much battery that I had to charge an iPhone 13 ProMax by noon everyday.  We played with settings, but if you turn everything off, the features stop working.  My wife had it even worse on her iPhone 13 Pro, which has a slightly smaller battery... she had to charge twice a day.  Without the app, I don't charge at all for the day and my wife might plug in for a bit.  

Great idea, but we've uninstalled and will not be using the service.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JB-Rose,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass your experience with battery life along to the development team for further investigation.

JamesC

Hunain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jumping in this thread, I bought 2 buttons and 1 year subscription box from BestBuy.  There are no instructions on how to activate the 1-year subscription.  After spending an hour last night with Arlo folks, now all I have is a ticket that was created as they didn't know how to activate the service either.  Has anyone bought the buttons along with the service from a outside vendor and was able to successfully activate the service?  I appreciate the help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hunain,

After setting up your Arlo Safe buttons, the free subscription plan will automatically be applied to your account. To view your subscription, you can log in to https://my.arlo.com/#/home and navigate to Settings > Subscription

JamesC

STEVENRANSOM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Upon installation of one of my 3 buttons, the subscription does not show up within the app under plans. Also the ARLO SAFE app does not allow me to add emergency contacts prompting a code error. Thirdly, upon installing on my kids phone the icons show as me and not as their own identity. The instructions on installation and setup are severely lacking. Customer service has been very frustrating on this and a number of items trying to make ARLO a main service for my residence and incorporating the latest security system, and ARLO SAFE.

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation