Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Safe app won't install on kid's iPhone 12

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
K-Med
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just finished setting up the Arlo Safe on my iPhone 12 and my wife's Samsung Flip 4. Both of those installs went off without a hitch, but I can't get it to install when I set up the app on my kid's iPhone. I've even tried to remove the "ask permission" feature from her phone and the Arlo Safe download still asks permission to install, but I don't get a notification, nor does a physical override work as the app fails to install on her phone.

I'm thinking it may be something with the app install and the restrictions on her phone put on there by screen time, but many other apps install without a hitch on the phone, just this app is the issue.

• Safe
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K-Med,

If you turn off screen time, does it allow you to complete the installation?

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K-Med,

If you turn off screen time, does it allow you to complete the installation?

JamesC

K-Med
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked! Thank you.

gBoles88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please tell me sir the steps you took to setup your wife’s phone? I’ve tried with my wife’s phone but keep hitting a wall. I’ve invited her; she’s downloaded the app and I even tried creating a new account for her, and nothing… just hit a wall. The Arlo documentation is very lacking at this point in my opinion. Am I overlooking something? I am very frustrated and am just considering canceling and asking for a refund. 

Thanks for any help. 

K-Med
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did nothing special with the install on my wife's Android phone other than what it advised me to do about battery saving. That's it. I don't think you're overlooking anything.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gBoles88 wrote:

I’ve tried with my wife’s phone but keep hitting a wall. I’ve invited her; she’s downloaded the app and I even tried creating a new account for her, and nothing… just hit a wall.

If the invite doesn't show up as accepted in your account:

• Try clicking on "Create Account"  in the invite email on a PC.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  Then just log into her account.  (Often this works better on a PC).

If the invite does show up as accepted, then you likely need to do this:

gBoles88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB, that may be the problem. All I ever saw was a text to download the app and an email to confirm the email address associated to her account. I will try again and look for the EMAIL invite (possibly in her spam folder). Thanks again for clarifying this for me. Much appreciated. 

Related Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation