Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

trouble setting up arlo Q; feeble audio & unable to record beyond 14secs

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
anuand
Follower
Follower

We recently installed the arlo Q and we are seeing a few issues with it:-

1. audio seems to be very feeble (both on PC & on iphone).

2. The 2 way feature does not seem to be working (I can hardly hear anything from the microphone of arlo Q).

3. I dont see anywhere option to live record; seems like it only lets you record for 14seconds at a time.

Anyone seen similar issues?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You prob just not aware of the multiple settings available ;

1) audio quality does vary with quality of connection

2) there is an adjustment for the mic, try turning it up... I can hear background talk thru mine

Mode - click ARMED , edit pencil - click camera - make sure AUDIO is checked off then click EDIT , adjust SOUND DETECT -  SAVE

3)there is a setting for lenght of record time AND manual start for record

Mode - click ARMED , edit pencil - click camera - make sure RECORD is checked - click EDIT - adjust time to record - save

OR

Go to live camera view... click on LIVE view... once camera is viewing, click the "CIRCLE with DOT " record button... pause " II " to stop

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
3v3ntH0riz0n
Apprentice
Apprentice
High Five! I made these changes, as well as dropped the video quality and the response from my camera is much better. I will continue to test and mess around with it.
//shutdown -h now
tsunami
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great answers! Solved a couple of the problems I was having. Here are a few more:

1. On the audio mode, I can clearly hear all of the activity in my monitored room. The reverse is not true, however. When there is someone in the monitored room, they cannot hear me talk to them. I am using an iPhone 6S and have tried talking in different locations. Someone mentioned that it might be a connection problem, but I have tried standing right next to the router, which should give me a strong signal, but the person in the monitored room cannot hear me. As a result I only have one-way audio, i.e., "from" the room, but not "to" the room. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. My second question has to do with sending e-mails with video or photos. I have tried several times to send a video clip or a snapshot using the "share" link on Arlo. No one (including myself) has ever received any of the videos or pictures. It is easy enough to set up (similar to my iPhone), but after I click on "send," the video or photos do not arrive. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a "trick" to making this work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Nethalite
Apprentice
Apprentice
1)Settings>My device>the camera>Audio settings> turn on speaker
2)just download it and drop drive it and email it. I had no issues doing it this way.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

tsunami wrote:

2. My second question has to do with sending e-mails with video or photos. I have tried several times to send a video clip or a snapshot using the "share" link on Arlo. No one (including myself) has ever received any of the videos or pictures. It is easy enough to set up (similar to my iPhone), but after I click on "send," the video or photos do not arrive. Has anyone else had this problem or is there a "trick" to making this work?

The share icon doesn't actually send the video/snapshot, just a link. Just tried it and it worked fine.  I used the email one. Maybe detail the exact process you're using?