Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
aslnana
Follower
Follower

The downloaded videos will not play the entire 36 seconds of video. The playback video ends at 15 seconds and the audio continues to play.

How do I download to capture the entire video and audio?

I have tried downloading to an iOS computer, and Android phone and an iPad mini, all with the same result.

The video in the Arlo Library displays the entire 36 seconds.

Thanks for your assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with firmware release 1.8.3.2_21995. Please check your Arlo Q firmware to be sure you have the latest version. You can view the release notes here: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I recently had some similar issue with my Q. Restarting the Q fixed most of them but then I removed it using the app, did a full reset and re-installed and all the problems were gone after that.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Can you please share one of the video links doing this and we will get it to the experts for analysis.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Several backend improvements have been made to resolve this issue. Also Be sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store. Please let me know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

Finchwizard
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine is doing the exact same thing at times now too.

These Arlo products have been driving me insane since I've got them, and I've hung onto them for this long long time thinking it's going to be fixed but never is.

I'm on NBN with a 100/40 connection, advanced wireless setup in the house, the Arlo connects at fast speeds, strong signal and still does it.

It's been reset a number of times and it never fixes it, always the latest firmware.

It's just a frustrating and buggy product that never seems to get fixed. If it's not the short record times it's insanely long record times or push to talk. 

peretz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. Most of the long videos in the app (even if I download them from the app) halt after 15-25 seconds, though the audio sometimes continues.

If I open the same video from my computer, the recorded videos stream perfectly fine. This is definitely a problem with the app implementation (since the backend and the web implementation are working fine for the same video). Any idea when are they planning to fix the app (I already have the latest)?

P.S. This product is really buggy, and it doesn't perform to the specifications nor justify its price.

Wuff
Guide
Guide

This cut-off problem started for me on 3/10/18 when I downloaded the app update.  I've called Netgear numerous times to ask when it will be resolved.  There's also a severe pixelation problem between the 13 and 19 mark on 95% of recordings, that began in about March 2017.  I use 15 of these cameras in two different states and they all have these problems.  Netgear always says "the engineers are working on it."

peretz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started debugging this issue and, in my case, the video freezes in apple related products but not in other products. For example,  the video freezes in my iPhone, Safari, MacBook player but not in Windows machines, Chrome browser or Firefox browser. I suspect that Netgear's implementation of the H264 format doesn't comply properly with the Apple codec.

I have filed a bug report, but in case you see this issue in Apple related products too, you should file a bug report in order to put some pressure to the engineering team.

Best

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with firmware release 1.8.3.2_21995. Please check your Arlo Q firmware to be sure you have the latest version. You can view the release notes here: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

JamesC