Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

can't view the live stream on my desktop :connection failed, app works

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I bought the camera last week. Setup and live stream worked fine until yesterday (or the day before). All of a sudden I can't view the live stream on my desktop. The app still works but for some reason I get a :connection failed error.

I tried all sorts of fixes that I found on the net for this issue but nothing worked. 

I got the newest Flash plugin. Tried it on Chrome, Firefox and IE. Restarted the PC, did the whitelist arlo thing but nope. Still connection failed.

Any idea what I should do?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mike9000,

Are you using any malware/virus protection software? (Kaspersky, BitDefender, etc.)?

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hey,

Yes, I'm using Comodo Firewall (additional features turned off e.g. HIPS, Containment,..) and Avira AV both with custom rulesets. Turning both off does not fix the problem.

I'm using 2 PCs and the issue showed up on both PCs at the same time. 

I'm on a 24/7 recording plan, going through the history works fine on PC, it is just the live view that stopped working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you enable Flash in the browsers? The latest updates have disabled it by default.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I think I did.

The odd thing is, in Chrome, I see a "Flash plugin blocked" message in the adress bar. If I click on it and select "allow" nothing happens, if I go to "Manage" instead I see a list with whitelisted pages and the arlo page is already in it.

If I remove the site from the list and reload the page I see a "there is a newer version of flash available, visit here..." (I already updated it when that issue come up a few days ago) anyway If I click on that, a Chrome popup comes up asking me if I want to allow Flash for this site. If I click yes, the page reloads and we*re back at the start. Flash seemingly enabled, no update message but also no live view.

Back on the main arlo page, If I click on the little lock symbol left to the bar instead it says "Flash allowed for this page".

Same thing on Edge and Firefox. "Flash allowed" but still "connection failed"