Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
McD5
Tutor
Tutor

I just installed my Arlo Q - 1080p HD Security Camera with Audio (VMC3040-100NAS), and it works fine for me while I'm at home. I'm able to use the two-way audio feature.

However, shared access is not working properly for my sister, who lives in another state. She can see and hear, but the small camera icon located at the bottom of the video screen is grayed out, and she doesn't get any response when she taps it. 

She has the same issue whether using an iPad or a PC. What do I have to do to get the two-way feature working remotely? I've shared access with several people, and I'd like to make sure this system works for everyone.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The easiest thing to try ( since is is working for you ) is for your sister to try a different browser...

Supported ones are IE>v10, Chrome, FireFox.

Sometimes one just plain works better than other due.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HappySkywalker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem, but I'm in the sister's shoes. My boss has given me shared access, but my mic icon is greyed out. I use the camera through the Andriod app, not a browser. Any help?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HappySkywalker,

From the Grant Access settings on the admin account, is "Allow Access Rights" toggled on? Access Rights are required to use the microphone feature.

JamesC