Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Timed Out" When monitoring my Arlo Q and Arlo both time out of live feed.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Robert22
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I adjust the length of time Arlo Q and Arlo stays on the live feed, it keeps timing out just miuntes after I get it set up and tuned into the scene I'm monitoring... thx this is not about recording time it has to do with the making the live feed stay on longer...

firmware has to be the newest I just added the Arlo Q, I'm using the MacPro OS Sierra I've had Arlo wireless and the station for maybe 9 months, I haven't used it much but just bought the Arlo Q I like the resolution better and the AC instead of batteries

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The timeout of the app isn't adjustable. There has to be interaction with the app, or browser for that matter, to keep it alive.
Robert22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your fast reply, I keep watch on my car durning the day and use the video when on  location, so for visually keeping track of what I'm monitoring I will have to find something other than Arlo? I'm a little confused about the difference between the basic free membership (that I'm on) and how the paid version works, even reading about it, it's not telling me if the free version has a limit on the number of times the video kicks in or is it the number of times I'm notified by email, and what happens when I reach my limit? Can you link me with the info that explains this, thanks again, Robert

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you need full-time monitoring live, Arlo isn't for you since it's designed around motion detection. 

The difference between all the plans is simply!Y how long videos are kept in the library. The more you pay, the longer the period. For many folks the free play for 7 days is fine. Just be sure you proactively download videos that may be needed before they disappear.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Robert22,

It sounds like the CVR (continuous video recording) feature for Arlo Q may be what you are looking for. Take a look here for more information on how this feature works: 

How does the continuous video recording or CVR feature work?

What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I get it?

JamesC