Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Your device is not connected...check your router...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I like to have it on LIVE mode on my desktop, after a few minutes I would get the device is not connected...blah, blah, blah. It has full signal strenght and I need to hit the LIVE button to get it going again...

So annyoing, how do I solve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How long is a few minutes?  All Arlo cameras, wired or not, time out in live view.  However, it shouldn't be showing the not connected error.  That may point to an issue of connectionbetween the camera and router, server or your connection from desktop to server.  Have you tried a different browser or the app?  Does the same thing happen? Is there a possibility that some other wireless device is occasionally interfering with the camera connection to the router?  Do you have CVR?  If so, does the timeline show breaks when the display indicates not connected?

armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

it can go from 5 minutes to an hour before it gives me the message. really annoying - i hate being beta testers for netgear again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you'll answer my other questions it may give us a clue. You're right about the amount of time for each step but there may be more to it or workarounds. FWIW, it turns out the Q cameras can live stream for at least an hour, making me think it's open-ended.

Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

I keep getting this error too ...router is in same room as arlo q. i'll be browsing and playing with the timeline on CVR and all of a sudden it goes to the green screen with this msg.  recording doesn't seem to stop buy this msg is annoying to keep getting then try to move to a second screen to refresh it in an attempt to fix it.  

why does it do that? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't say for sure but it's likely the connection to the server that's the issue. You're actually seeing the feed back from the server rather than the live stream so outgoing connections may be working while incoming may have an issue. Without knowing all the ins and outs of how the back end works it's all a guess.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jordandawg05,

Do you notice this across multiple browsers (Chrome, IE, FireFox) and the app? Or does it only occur when using a specific browser/app.

JamesC