Wrong Timezone Stamp on Arlo Q

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daddymack_ent
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Arlo Q cameras that are currently running the latest firmware.  Both cameras are set for my timezone (UTC -5:00 ET) and one camera accurately records events and provides notifications with the correct time.  The other camera despite being set for the correct timezone records events and provides notifications with UTC -8:00 PT times.  This was occurring before the most recent firmware update as well on the single camera.

I've removed, restarted, reset, etc. and continues to happen.  I have attempted to change the timezone to a different timezone and it still displays all notifications and records videos in UTC -8:00 PT.  I was hoping there was a way to manually install the firmware over again by plugging in manually and reflashing it -- but doesn't appear to be an option for that.

Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daddymack_ent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to find a solution.  

After changing the time zone in the device settings, immediately forcing a restart of the camera.  

This is now having the cameras both display the correct time and date based on the time zone setting selected. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daddymack_ent,

Has this Arlo Q ever been associated with a different account? Do you recall when this started to be an issue?

JamesC

daddymack_ent
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was attached to a family members account before it was activated on my account. It wasn’t an issue at first, and I can’t recall when exactly when after it connected it started doing this. 

As an update, after removing both cameras from my account, resetting them and adding them again — both cameras now display the incorrect time (Pacific Time) regardless of which time zone they are set to. 

daddymack_ent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like a firmware issue bug. I’ve done the following in this order with no change in performance. 

Deleted any cloud videos.

Disarmed the cameras. 
Reset on side of camera. 
Removed devices from my account. 
Unplugged cameras. 

Removed permissions for family members. 

Deleted app from iPhone. 
Restarted iPhone.
Plugged cameras back in. 
Downloaded Arlo Secure app.

Added devices back.

Ensured cameras were in disarmed state.

Changed time zone to Eastern Can/US.

Armed cameras.  
Clips record in Pacific time zone date/time stamp despite showing eastern in camera settings. 
Tried the above except created new account - same results.

daddymack_ent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to find a solution.  

After changing the time zone in the device settings, immediately forcing a restart of the camera.  

This is now having the cameras both display the correct time and date based on the time zone setting selected.