Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Won't ever buy Arlo again, Know any camera brands that are good?

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jmeoo3
Star
Star

So I have two Arlo Q cameras.  I bought one years ago and had problems with it.....the video would freeze while the audio was still going.  They finally sent me a new one.  I wanted another camera for another area of my house.  I bought this camera around 2 years ago and now it's useless.  I had it unplugged one day and plugged it back in and it has never worked again.  Has a solid amber light that wont go away even after numerous resets and unplugs.  Support told me to repeat what I already did but told me I basically have a camera with faulty hardware and that the warranty is expired.  What horrible customer service from a company.  What incentive  do I have to be a loyal customer to this company if their products just stop working because of bad hardware and they don't give you a solution.  I even asked about paying to have it fixed and wasn't given that option.  So you mean to tell me I should just go buy another Arlo Q and just hope it lasts longer then 2 years?  I'm not made of money and It's ridiculous that a company like NETGEAR would allow such bad policies.  It's not like I caused the camera to break or smashed it!  It's faulty hardware......Shouldn't  that be their responsibility?  I'm so angry about this and will not support this company again.  I need something that is reliable and something I don't have to buy again in two years.  Any suggestions ?     

0 REPLIES 0